“Very Good Lunch @ a Fair Price”

Hibachi & Asian Kitchen
Ranked #419 of 993 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed November 2, 2016

Chicken and vegetables in white sauce with egg roll and fried rice with unsweet tea was quite filling and priced at $8

Reviewed August 10, 2016

I opted to eat lunch here instead of dinner in order to save $5 on the difference between the hibachi dinners offered (the evening meal includes soup and salad, not included at lunch). For the price, I got plenty to eat, and it was good. I'm not a fan of onions, and the rice came without onions mixed in, so I was pleased. Whether that's because I ordered my meal with extra rice and no onions, I can't be sure - either way, I got what I wanted, which isn't always possible at other hibachi restaurants.

Not sure if they have teppanyaki tables, where the chef cooks in front of you, but for lunch, my meal was cooked in the kitchen and served to a regular table.

Reviewed July 28, 2016

A co-worker and I visited this place during lunch. We were seated, ordered, received our drinks and then meal all in a very prompt manner. The meal was hot and included generous portions. The General Tso's chicken was delicious with rice, fresh steamed broccoli and egg roll and all for $6.50 before tax or tip.

I would highly recommend this place for lunch and most likely dinner as well.

Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

Came here on a Saturday night just after 10:30 pm when many restaurants were already closed, disappointing. Last call here is at 10:45 pm, just in time to place my order.

I've read other reviews that complained about service, What I received was excellent. There were at least two servers taking care of 5 tables outside. You must go inside first to be seated either outside or in where there is good A/C. Initially I was going to eat inside but there were only seats at the sushi bar and would be starring at a blank wall close to my head, I choose instead to sit outside.

First the service, excellent! My server Sarah was very friendly and was frequently checking up on me and an other table she had, I noticed the other server doing the same, nice to see. I did not have to wait long to either place my order, get my appetizer, main entry, water, and beer (most domestics are either $3 or $4 for a bottle, mine was very cold). While writing this here, I noticed two other employees bringing out food to tables, nice.

The food is below average here. I ordered the summer roll which is a $1 surcharge above either egg or spring roll - out was aweful! It was very cold, damp, and had water drops all over it; the taste was extremely bland, no basil or shrimp two items normally in Summer Rolls. I took one small bite and asked Sarah to exchange it for a spring roll, no problem. The Summer roll was soggy / mushy.
The fried rice was pathetic, white rice with some soy sauce, no egg, veggies, protein, or flavor - very bland. Kung Pao Shrimp only came with 5 shrimp, had lots of peanuts, and was mild; this should be a spicy dish.

For the entree that came with an appetiser plus a beer came to only $16 before taxes. I gave Sarah H., a 20% tip since the service she gave was excellent and wrote that on the restaurant's copy of the bill.

Reviewed May 9, 2016

Ordered chicken kara-age, ginger salad, sushi and vegetable tempura; all were pretty average in taste, quality of preparation and in presentation. Service was fine.