“Great special occasion restaurant”
Review of Halls Chophouse

Halls Chophouse
Ranked #5 of 1,009 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$20 - US$100
Cuisines: Armenian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Halls Chophouse is a family steakhouse restaurant originated in the Upper King District of Charleston, South Carolina. We value hospitality, superior American cuisine and a dining experience that guests revere. Special Features: Gluten-Free Friendly, Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly, Happy Hour, Kid Friendly, Romantic, Late Night, Live Music. Bar opens at 4:00pm, Dinner Service at 5:00pm. Dinner is served until 11:00 pm during the week, 12:00am on Friday and Saturday. Our menu features She Crab Soup, Oysters on the Half Shell, and Fried Calamari just to name a few dishes. Our extensive wine menu features over 100 of the most exclusive wines one may find.
Reviewed April 23, 2018

Hall's Chophouse in beautiful downtown Greenville, SC is a very high-end steakhouse. Our experience and food were fabulous. Very pricey, but worth it for a special meal. Beef is from the midwest and very good. Portions are very large. My biggest complaint is the noise level, which was too noisy for a high-end restaurant such as this. Always a very busy place, so the noise level depends on where you are seated. Service was excellent and attentive.

Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

Halls doesn’t disappoint! Service was outstanding! They literally swoop in with drinks, sides and main entrees with several people! Food was delicious! The sides were huge! Worth the $$!

Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

Nice restaurant for a special occasion or casual dinner. Valet parking is a plus. We requested a quiet table and were seated upstairs. Quieter than downstairs but the music from downstairs was still a bit loud. We ordered the filet with okra and I had the chicken with asparagus and potatoes. It was delicious although I only had the opportunity to enjoy a small portion because as soon as I put my fork down during conversation, the waitstaff swooped in to take my plate. I was a bit perplexed by this. I would give 5 stars had I had the opportunity to enjoy my meal without it being rudely taken away. Thankfully the company and the nice evening made up for this over eager wait staff.

Reviewed April 7, 2018

Halls Chophouse hit all the marks. Excellent atmosphere. Perfect service. Outstanding meal. My wife and I both had steaks that were probably the best steaks I've ever had. We started with an app consisting of camel; a first for us... delicious!. We accompanied the steaks with scallops that were perfectly seared. Dessert was the best Crème Brule I've ever had. I guess you're detecting a pattern here. My only suggestion is, for an outstanding, memorable, truly special dining experience, Halls Chophouse is the place to go. It's worth the trip to Greenville all by itself!

Reviewed April 6, 2018

One of the best in Greenville. The food is great and the staff is excellent. A little pricey but worth it.

Date of visit: January 2018