“Open on Christmas Day! And so good!”

Saffron Indian Cuisine
Ranked #5 of 1,008 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 25, 2015 via mobile

Opened at 5PM. Busy but not too crowded. Very good. Service is great as usual. Food is amazing. Love the Meat Sampras.

Reviewed December 18, 2015

Best Indian buffet in the southeast. Full of flavor and variety.
Service was excellent and the food was hot and fresh.

1  Thank Mike v
Reviewed December 15, 2015

With the understanding that I've only had the lunch buffet here, I still am of the opinion that the food tastes as good as I've had in San Francisco Indian restaurants, tho with much less heat. The array of dishes for the buffet is impressive and all are tasty. Basmati rice, pakoras, samosas, saag panir, and the chicken of the day (korma, tikka, et al) keep me going back for seconds (it's all you can eat, btw). I'm not a big fan of tandori chicken but theirs is tasty and not too dry. The naan is exceptional. My only complaint is that there is never a lamb dish on the buffet, tho I can understand the reasons for that. I plan to have dinner there soon and will have the lamb vindaloo, which is the true test in my opinion. Beer and wine is available but I usually have the chai.

Reviewed December 15, 2015

Went there with my family and we will return. The food was great (I hear that their lunch buffet is unmatched) and the service was very attentive. Don't miss out!

Reviewed December 13, 2015

During my short visit to the US, I wanted to try some Indian Food as often as feasible. Appears there are only two popular Restaurants in Greenville, South Carolina serving Indian Food. Having already visited the other restaurant, we decided to try this restaurant on the Sunday. As I was updated about the fame much before we visited the restaurant, I had very high expectations about the quality and taste of the food. Contrary to my expectations the food, though Indian, was not so gratifying. The spread was not notable too. The ambience was pleasant and the restaurant was totally occupied. One remarkable feature I have noticed was most of the customers were American and I could see very few Indians savouring the foods.