“Anniversary dinner ”
Review of Chophouse 47

Chophouse 47
Reserve with OpenTable
Chophouse 47 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 1,007 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$31 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pelham Road
Description: Winner of Wine Spectator’s acclaimed “Award of Excellence”, 10best “Top Restaurant” and OpenTable diners’ choice; Chophouse '47 has created a bustling, New York-style steakhouse experience. The menu features expertly broiled USDA prime aged beef, live Maine lobster and colossal shrimp cocktail; for dessert, share a gigantic table sized chocolate cake. Chophouse ’47 offers an extensive- well priced wine list, private event spaces, seating for large parties and seasonal patio dining.
Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

This is an excellent choice for a celebratory dinner. We went for our anniversary and wasn't disappointed.
The atmosphere is great. It is a bit dark, but we didn't mind using our phones to read menus (mainly cuz we have weak vision anyway). If you are extremely sensitive to smoke, then you will want to ask for outside seating or opposite side of bar. We didn't notice any smell, but she is a smoker.
I had the 12oz fillet and she had the lamb chops. The steak was perfect while the lamb disappointed in quality- a little too gristly. We had the creamed spinach and asparagus for sides and they were very good. We shared the bacon appetizer and it was awesome. The bar was great in their mixes.
Our server, Rita, was superb! Not overbearing and not invisible. Very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.
Expect around $50-70 per person and then bar and tip.

Reviewed October 15, 2016

Went here for my 50th birthday dinner with my husband and friends. We sat at the bar and had a couple drinks and some apps. The oyster shooters are to die for. We also had the thick cut bacon which was just decadent. Next came the carpaccio which was a work of art. We had New York strips and Barrel cut Filets for dinner. They were prepared perfectly. Overall it was one of the best restaurant experiences I've had and we eat out a lot as we travel 6 months a year on business. The service was excellent and I can't think of one thing I would change about the place.

Reviewed October 5, 2016 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful dinner. I had a steak that melted in my mouth. The food was very good. The service was just as wonderful as the food was. I could not have asked for a better place to eat and conduct business today. We did end up having some of the delicious desserts. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys fine food, fine drinks and one of the best steaks in town.

Reviewed September 19, 2016

Smoking allowed in bar area and it effects the entire restaurant. Food great because it should be at prices.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

Possibly one of the best steaks I've eaten and I'm from Texas. Prepared Pittsburgh style, the meat is superior and preparation is outstanding. The only drawback to this restaurant is the inadequte fitration system for the cigar smoke in the bar. Make sure you request a table as far away from the bar as possible, if you want to taste your meal and not smell cigar smoke. Service is outstanding here and the bar is great for late night drinks and a cigar if you so chose.