“Date Night”
Review of Chophouse 47

Chophouse 47
Reserve with OpenTable
Chophouse 47 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 1,008 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$31 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pelham Road
Description: Winner of Wine Spectator’s acclaimed “Award of Excellence”, 10best “Top Restaurant” and OpenTable diners’ choice; Chophouse '47 has created a bustling, New York-style steakhouse experience. The menu features expertly broiled USDA prime aged beef, live Maine lobster and colossal shrimp cocktail; for dessert, share a gigantic table sized chocolate cake. Chophouse ’47 offers an extensive- well priced wine list, private event spaces, seating for large parties and seasonal patio dining.
Reviewed February 1, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I there for a special occasion. Our waiter was excellent and the food was perfectly prepared and delicious. It is expensive but worth it. It was a wonderful slow paced meal that was not rushed. We will be back soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

I decided to try this place due to the ages steak they serve and it did not disappoint! I ordered the filet and it was excellent! My wife got the small ribeye and I took a bite of that and wished I would have ordered that! The flavors are outstanding and even all the sides were very good! A must Go!

Reviewed January 16, 2018

My wife were craving a good steak. I mean a good steak. So we decided to give Chophouse 47 a try. We were not disappointed. The restaurant it self was nicely appointed. There was hint of cigar smell when we first walked in, but it didn't make it to the dining area for us. We were also there early - 5:30 pm. We had a couple of drinks and a crap appetizer. This led us to our delicious steaks. My wife had the petite filet and I had the large Filet. I know it's a crime we both order them medium well, not butterflied. We like a like darkness on the outside while keeping the middle pink. The steaks were delivered exactly as ordered and expected. We had the asparagus and baked potato as sides. Both were excellent as well. I would recommend the Chophouse to anyone - with the prices in mind. Great steaks.

Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

Y’all, this place gets 5 stars from the mashed potatoes alone. They’re amazing, and large enough to share with 3-4. The filet is also great, but I’d certainly recommend the 12 ounce instead of the 8.

The only negative was the smoky atmosphere and I was tempted to give a 4 star but those cheesy mashed potatoes kept swirling in my mind.

Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

I met a business associate for dinner. The atmosphere was old school with the lingering smell of cigars. All good. But it was dark. Too dark. We both literally needed to use our phone flashlights to read the menu.

I ordered a wedge salad which was good, not too hard or cold. My 16oz NY strip ordered medium rare, was tough. The sides - mushrooms and asparagus were enough for both of us. My associate ordered the sea bass and truly enjoyed it.

When paying over $45 for a steak, I expect it to be perfect. This missed the mark.

CentraArchy-Rest, Guest Relations Manager at Chophouse 47, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Hi Quonmisc- We appreciate your feedback and apologize that your dining experience with us was not 5 stars. Your concerns have been passed to our management team and will be addressed this afternoon. Have a great week.