“Gorgeous spot for al fresco lunch”

Mary's Restaurant At Falls Cottage
Ranked #13 of 1,011 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$9 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Mary's, locally owned & operated since 1995. At Mary's, we've built our reputation on quality, simplicity and attention to detail in everything we do. Our mission is simple: To delight guests with our creativity, quality and exceptional value. We take a fresh approach to traditional southern cooking and serve it up in a casually elegant setting that's as much a part of your experience as our food. Visit us at Falls Park in Greenville's historic West End.
Reviewed November 11, 2018

Such a charming, tranquil outdoor patio shaded by mature trees, overlooking the beautiful intown park. Service this day was friendly and prompt. There was a glitch with my pimento cheese sandwich, which I changed up a bit from the menu. I got my whole wheat bread substitution, but I'd asked for red tomato (optional fried green) and no bacon, normally included. I didn't notice until after the meals had been delivered that the bacon was there but no tomato. Oh well, small error, not worth waiting to be corrected, but staff needs to be more attentive.
Other than that, all 4 of us were pleased with the quality and taste of our food.

Reviewed November 6, 2018

Mary's recipes have a unique twist that's always yummy. The building has an interesting history, which you can read about on the menu.

Reviewed November 6, 2018

I've lived in the area for several years now and have always been dying to try brunch at Mary's. It's in such a scenic location and with its limited hours, felt like it was something worth experiencing. It just so happened that there was a relatively short wait and we were able to get seated for Sunday brunch, but I was disappointed. Perhaps it was because I had given myself an expectation of what the place would be, but it wasn't what I thought.

The house is adorable and we had a lovely seat on the back deck overlooking Falls Park. The menu had good options, but they did not serve mimosas or bloody marys. It felt like a fancy breakfast instead of brunch.

The service was decent, but nothing to write home about.

Overall, the meal and atmosphere were good. Nothing more, nothing less.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

The final event of a fabulous wedding weekend was hosted by the groom's family at Mary's Cottage at the Falls in Greenville. Perfect ending at a beautiful location. Everyone was served the same meal (French toast, bacon, scrambled eggs, fruit, breakfast cocktails, coffee) and everyone in the party of at least 60 loved not only the food but also the ambiance both inside and out on deck. Would never have thought to stop here for romantic date meal. We travel to Greenville a couple of times a year and would make every effort to come back again.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I ended our weekend with brunch at Mary's. We had a delightful experience. Outside seating overlooks the park where folks are enjoying the outdoors. We all had varied Benedict's offerings. Wow, they were delicious, but the green fried tomatoes were the best I've ever had. A must starter regardless of the meal being served. Portions were generous and the house coffee was smooth and rich.