“Service extraordinaire!!!”

Smoke On The Water
Ranked #36 of 983 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Kyle and Sally were awesome! Kyle gave great suggestions based on our likes! He was pleasant, professional and fun!! He was a bbq sauce expert and brought us the secret spicy sauce!!
Sally just started working there 2 hours before we got there! She was shadowing Kyle! She was so personable and on top of her game! She was like a seasoned veteran! She brought us things before we even asked for them. She had a great chat with my daughter about college. We asked that she get. Raise in her first two hours of employment.
Thanks for a great experience.
Oh yeah! The food was awesome.

1  Thank Psbthethe
Write a ReviewReviews (1,511)

Reviewed August 9, 2018

There were 5 of us. Dined on a Thursday evening. Seated immediately. Got a good location.....we could hear the guy playing music but we not so close as to not able to hold a conversation. We were celebrating our eldest son turning 21.

Items ordered included Chipotle Wings (quite a kick) as an entrée, a couple of Chicken fillet sandwiches by our unadventurous teen sons, a Crab Cake PoBoy and a Beer Butt chicken dinner. The sides chosen included fried okra (should have been hotter, was close to sending it back), spinach casserole (was sent back as it was luke warm), baked beans, fries and the potato cake (one son loved his, the other hated it).

Our server who was named Ryan per our receipt did a great job keeping the drinks refilled. He also handled getting the spinach heated up in short order. The 2 best entrees were the Beer Butt chicken and the Poboy. I would not order the wings again.

We have been here twice in the past 2 months or so. Both visits were fine.

1  Thank abcjjl
Reviewed August 7, 2018

We went to Smoke on the Water in early July as part of a foursome. The restaurant was jammed, with a long line of people waiting to be seated. This suggested to me that we were in for some delicious Que. I was to be disappointed on several grounds.

First, the young serving staff could not deal adequately with the number of patrons. They certainly tried very had, and I give them full credit for their efforts. Unfortunately, no one could have proved good service with the number of patrons and tables that each had to handle. Meanwhile, the entrance had three staff members mostly just standing around. Other restaurants on Main Street in Greenville face equal crowds, but they are better organized and have more staff to address such a challenge.

Second, the food was just adequate in its preparation and presentation. While the atmosphere was smoky, I could detect much in my pulled pork or my wife's chicken. The pork was also too vinegary even for "Carolina barbeque." The side dishes were mushy in texture. The range of sauces was better than the food, but I found the experience to be "adequate," at best.

With so many excellent barbeque joints in the Asheville/Greenville region, I probably won't bother with Smoke on the Water again.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

This is our family's choice place to meet to celebrate birthdays or just get together. It is always good food and service. The BBQ is good and we all like the creamed spinach and mac-n-cheese. Our recent trip did not disappoint.

1  Thank tamerastewart
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We ate here for lunch. The atmosphere was great and the food was delicious. Don't miss a chance to dine here.

1  Thank R0sanne62