“Anniversary Dinner”

Larkin's On The River
Reserve with OpenTable
Larkin's On The River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 1,008 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broad & Main
Description: Larkin's on the River is an award-winning restaurant serving premium cut steaks, fresh seafood, and fine wines. Every menu item is created with the freshest ingredients and served with a creative flair. Larkin's on the River at the Peace Center for the performing arts, is situated in the heart of downtown Greenville, along the banks of the Reedy River, in the old Gower Coach Factory. This is the only building remaining of the original eleven dating back to Civil War. With beautiful preserved exposed brick walls and open ceilings, the history of the building serves as the perfect backdrop to the modern and hip atmosphere Larkin's on the River offers. Serving Lunch Monday - Saturday 11:30 - 2pm Brunch on Sunday 11 - 2pm Dinner Monday - Saturday 5 - 10pm Sunday 5 - 9pm and a mid-afternoon menu every day from 2:00 to 5:00.
Reviewed May 1, 2018

We had reservations for our anniversary dinner. We had a table with a great view. We had a fabulous dinner and they made us feel very special and acknowledged our special day in numerous ways. The steak was amazing. If they hadn't have been booked the next night I would have returned (we were on a weekend getaway).

Bobmunnich, Owner at Larkin's On The River, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

We are always thrilled to be part of our guests celebrations. Happy Anniversary and please come see us again when you’re back in town.- Bruce Wise, Vice President of Restaurant Operations

Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

Although a delightful dinner in an incredible atmosphere dining here can lead to charges you may not anticipate. With a large party, an order of appetizers for the table is automatically upscale number of appetizers per person. A simple order of 4 appetizers for the table resulted in an additional $300 to our bill.

1  Thank mamarue3

For large parties such as your table of 20, we have an option that is listed on the menu to serve appetizer platters with a set price per person. This is not an upcharge but merely the way you’re paying for your appetizers. Every guest has the option to order appetizers a la carte or platters for large tables. Glad you enjoyed your meal. - Bruce Wise, Vice President of Restaurant Operations

Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

Attended a business dinner and the food, service and atmosphere was great! Highly recommend! The view of the river was so relaxing!

It is our pleasure to cater to the vibrant business community that drives our city. We would love to be a part of all of your business dinners! - Bruce Wise, Vice President of Restaurant Operations

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

We had a great booth table around the periphery. The menu was varied but heavy on steaks which was fine with me. I had a 18 oz dry age rib-eye ordered medium rare. I had the Brussel sprout hash and a cheesecake for dessert. By wife had fried green tomato, crab cake and she crab soup.

The steak was good but was definitely a rare-to-blue. Look, I can eat rare and actually enjoyed it but when I spend more than $50 for a steak (no sides) I expect perfection to my order. The Brussel sprout hash was....ok. Bacon onion but it was dry. I can make it better which is not a criticism but I expect more.

The she crab was outstanding but no offer of extra sherry. The crab cake was good and the fried green tomato tasted great.

Cheesecake was creamy texture and great flavor except that the cheese tasted a bit off from its storage.

Service was super friendly but spotty slow and not super attentive. The wait staff seemed to be spread thin handling about five tables each (from what I could see).

For a 200 bill for two (with tip) with no wine and only two drinks I expected more. I hate to do this but for my money, Rick’s West wowed me way more than Larkin’s.

We’ll be back to give them another shot because we love the location and atmosphere.

1  Thank Quonmisc
Bobmunnich, Owner at Larkin's On The River, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We listen and take our guests criticism seriously as we use our guests opinions to help improve all aspects of our business. We look forward to having you back so we can give you the 5 star dining experience that we pride ourselves on. - Bruce Wise, V.P. of Restaurant Operations

Reviewed April 21, 2018

We have dined here many times for both lunch and dinner, but the last time will be our last unless there is some great change. The food has steadily gotten worse, which is such a shame for a Greenville staple. The tableside cesar, something that differentiates them, was really poor last time. The lettuce was sad, it was overdressed, and salty. The wine list remains a draw, and their bar produces very nice mixed drinks. This last trip I ordered the coq au vin, it was terrible, fat breast of chicken literally swimming in sauce. The steak and salmon were good, not great. We ordered a large assortment of sides which all were doused with salt. I cannot understand their overuse of salt, except to compensate lack of flavor.

1  Thank GattoViziato
Bobmunnich, Owner at Larkin's On The River, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Thank you for sharing your opinions with us. We are constantly working to improve all aspects of our restaurants and we rely heavily on guests feedback to reach our end results. - Bruce Wise, V.P. of Restaurant Operations