“Birthday dinner last night with lacking service”

Larkin's On The River
Reserve with OpenTable
Larkin's On The River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 1,008 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broad & Main
Description: Larkin's on the River is an award-winning restaurant serving premium cut steaks, fresh seafood, and fine wines. Every menu item is created with the freshest ingredients and served with a creative flair. Larkin's on the River at the Peace Center for the performing arts, is situated in the heart of downtown Greenville, along the banks of the Reedy River, in the old Gower Coach Factory. This is the only building remaining of the original eleven dating back to Civil War. With beautiful preserved exposed brick walls and open ceilings, the history of the building serves as the perfect backdrop to the modern and hip atmosphere Larkin's on the River offers. Serving Lunch Monday - Saturday 11:30 - 2pm Brunch on Sunday 11 - 2pm Dinner Monday - Saturday 5 - 10pm Sunday 5 - 9pm and a mid-afternoon menu every day from 2:00 to 5:00.
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Came in at 7:30 last night. We had reservations and were promptly seated. It was my birthday dinner and we have eaten here many times. The waiter finally came over and gave us water while we were looking at the menu and informed us we will be having him and another waiter since they were also waiting on a table of 15 that was directly in front of us. Finally he came back maybe about 20 minutes later and took a drink order and left. When he brought back the drink order we weren't ready to order yet. But at a little after 8 he asked another waitress to bring us bread since he was busy with the larger table. We ordered appetizers and food. The food is always excellent but I didn't appreciate it being brought out by someone else while watching both of hour waiters run around the large party pouring wine and catering to them while we sat and watched. I've never been made to feel so unimportant there but managed to. A couple sat by us with a different waiter and got their food much quicker than we did. We ended up staying almost an hour and a half and we got my free dessert to go. Didn't check the bag but they forgot my ice cream to go with my brownie. My husband a a perfect filet but was served a dried out risotto cake . My Chilean sea bass was perfect. Great food with bad service is sad

Reviewed August 12, 2018

this place is for rich people, great food but every thing is priced on there own, 36 bucks for the steak and like 8 dollars apiece for the sides, but the food is out of this world and its been a long time for me so I'm sure the price is higher now.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Great food and great service.

Exceptionally pleased with hospitality toward our large family reunion group in town for a wedding.

We all had a long day of travel and arrive at the restaurant the later part of their open hours.

They accommodated us very well without the typical rush rush of today’s restaurants.

Very memorable service, food, and attention to detail.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

Great restaurant with a great staff. A bit pricey but worth the trip. Also, great views of the falls and downtown Greeville.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

My husband and I celebrated our 41 years of marriage anniversary today at lunch.
The ambiance was good, the staff were so friendly, and the service was extrodinary.
My husband ordered the shrimp and grits, and I ordered the Salmon BLT.
Both entree's were fabulous. This is a must place to eat if you are in Greenville, SC.