“Great Fried Chicken!”

The Sombrero Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Hamer
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 22 March 2016

Here is a secret about this place-they have some of the best fried chicken anywhere, it is fresh, delicious and worth the wait. They also have a very nice salad bar and although the prices have gone up they are still very reasonable. Friendly service, easy access on and off 95.
Bonus for families: If you are driving down 95 with the family this place makes a nice reward for the road trip. Let the kids go out and run around, visit the gift shop or even stay the night!

There are newer reviews for The Sombrero Restaurant

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

We spend the night at the near South of the border motel, and guide by the attendance came to eat breakfast at the sombrero, the place is clean very clean, they offer more is a combination of American food with a South/Mexican test, my boys and husband ask for the Mexican omelette it came accompanied with fries they all said taste "delicious" and yumm, juice and fresh !!!! I'm in a liquid diet, since was around 11:00am I ask if they have a soup, our waitress Pauline was very diligent and sweet, she offer me the soup of the day, was a beef with vegetables it really test Goood !! Southeastern test !! Have to said, I read others reviews with complaint, we didn't found any, from the entrance until we finish everybody was polite, nice, we saw at all time nice smiles from all attendant there; it was a pleasure to eat here, also love the brilliant colors of the walls and decorations, really nice !!

Reviewed 4 February 2016

My Mom and I went to eat at the Sombrero restaurant. My Mother loves Mexican food having lived in California. She ordered a meat and chicken taco but got two bean taco's (really?) I had gone somewhat safe with a BLT. Some of the worse Mexican food I have ever seen. I would not recommend. The waitress was sassy and did not listen to our orders. Not a comfortable meal.

1  Thank Nannnurse
Reviewed 20 January 2016

A friend and I visited this restaurant and when we asked if they could accommodate "gluten free", the waitress said 'No, we don't have anything on the menu that is gluten free...She never pointed out the salad bar or made any suggestions that might work for us and she didn't seem terribly upset when we walked out. We won't be back!

3  Thank Sandy H
Reviewed 12 January 2016 via mobile

Great food and good prices. You don't go away broke or hungry. They have a mix of Mexican and American food. Great service.