“Worst hotel ever seen”

Knights Inn Hardeeville
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Hardeeville
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Wifi will not be connected. Very old television and the main door will not be opened and lot of cockroaches. Water tub and restroom will not be neat and full of dust. Don't try this hotel, we blindly booked as it is near to savannah.

Not sure microwave, refrigerator working or not ?.

Just it was in a good location

Room Tip: Don't try this
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

We were on a trip North and just needed a place to stay for the night. But we save a few bucks by staying here. When we got our key at the front desk, we were told we had to pay $3 for the key that would be returned to us when we checked out. That should have been a flag. We couldn't get into the room with the key so went back to the front desk. Found out we had to forcibly push our way into the room and then slam the door shut to close it. These were heavy heavy metal doors. Ice machine was old and corroded. We saw quite a few bugs on tables and cups. TV looked like it had been taken from Grandma's house. Place needs a total update safety inspection. In the morning, I looked in at breakfast to see what was offered. Pretty dreary sight. No WiFi connection although front desk kept telling me we were connected.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2016

The first room she sent me to was in the back and looked like it had been unoccupied for 10 years. The headboards on the beds and curtains were stained, there was mold in the bathroom, and when I opened the toilet, the water was dark brown, It apparently had never been flushed from the last person. I went back to the desk and said to the lady that I could not stay in that disgusting room, she gave another room that was better, but the mattress was terrible, there was no soap for the bathtub, no drinking glasses, very little toilet paper,and the TV had no remote. You could not pay me to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

There is not one positive thing you can say about this place. I could go on for quite some time but everything about it is totally disgusting including the people that hang around the place I had a lady knock on our door that looked like she just fell out of a dumpster. Asking about something I will never know because I could not understand hershe looked pretty weatherbeaten. Nonetheless my wife son and I were very uncomfortable and would never go back ever ever again much safer sleeping in your car. You will probably get a better nights sleep

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 29 July 2016

This is the first time at a Knights Inn; having utilized Wyndam Hotels for over 30 years!!
I have never seen a worst hotel. The parking lot was strewn with potholes, some 3" deep. awe checked in and went to our room. The temp outside was over 100 degrees, and the A/c was off and took like forever to cool the room down. We tried the wi-fi and couldn't get on. Talk to the agent at the desk and said she would have her "boss" come to the room. Shortly she did! Said she is on and what's our problem!!! We said we couldn't log on; I said how many sites are available, she said 1!! There are 80 rooms and only 20 people can logon!! I said this was a joke. Asked for the owner and told not in country. Told me it's our problem. Next day no coffee, dry cereal only, etc. No bath mat; I got bit by bed bugs!!!, one bar of soap (1" by2") for two people for two days!!!. Second day, now a bath mat, tub and shower not cleaned. Shower head was like a "fire hose", bath sink not cleaned. GO AWAY FROM THIS "DUMP"

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2016

This hotel was the only place we could find that had vacancies, and afterwards we firgured out why. This place is filthy and disgusting. Dirt was everywhere and the windows were so dirty you couldnt see through them. The stairs we had to walk up werent even connected to building. They were rusted and falling apart. The room key slider on the door was torn apart and the key wouldn't work. we finally got it to work. and the room was so damp and stinky. We decided it wasnt safe to stay at and we got a refund and left. This was the scariest and grossest experience Ive ever had with a hotel. We ended up driving the rest of the way home to Florida.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank bls30male
Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

I spent about an hour online (while my husband drove) looking for a pet-friendly hotel to stop for the night on our way up I-95. By the time we were approaching Savannah, and knowing that traffic in SC was horrendous as always, I finally booked this place in desperation. We'd probably have been better off sleeping in the car.

Smell of old smoke, cigarette burns in the furniture and the sheet, large hole in the wall, smoke detector ripped out, old stuff in the fridge, hadn't been vacuumed (in a while, I would guess). Although we pre-paid, I would have walked out except everywhere else was booked, so we poured ourselves a stiff drink and did our best to sleep.

Incidentally, the ladies at the registration were very nice. My reservation either hadn't shown up on their computer or they weren't sure how to access it, but they didn't question it and gave me the room without any hassle. When someone came in and asked if the rooms were "okay," they both nodded and quietly said "yes" without looking up at him. I knew then what we were probably in for, but again, at that point not much we could do.

Even among cheap hotels, this was awful.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple