“Good food and atmosphere ”

The DryDock Seafood & Spirits
Ranked #174 of 392 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Description: The DryDock Seafood & Spirits has been serving visitors and local since 1994. Serving Food and Drinks 7 days a week. Food is served 11 AM to 10 PM seasonally and the Bar is open late until 2 AM. Serving a variety of fresh seafood, steaks, BBQ Ribs, Burgers, Salads and Appetizers.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

What a great experience. After waiting hours at other places, we were sat immediately but told service might slow due to busy week. They kept checking on us and apps were out quick. Food was great! Fried flounder sandwich and burgers were great. Very happy with our choice!

Reviewed April 4, 2018

We met friends during happy hour. The waitress was nice, and our friends know the owners so we met them too. We got calamari appetizers and they were tasty. We stayed for dinner and it was also very good. My daughter got a brownie fudge Sunday and it was delicious.

Reviewed March 28, 2018

This was by far the worst restaurant experience I have ever had.

I went here tonight with my wife and other players and coaches associated with a tennis team I coach. Dry Dock had at most 50% capacity. It was taking us a while to get our food; about 45-50 minutes had passed and all we had was water, even though the waitress said she'd get us our appetizers quickly so we could "munch on something." At one point my wife got up to find the waitress and ensure we hadn't fallen through the cracks. She took three steps, saw the waitress coming with food, and quickly sat back down. The waitress asked if she needed anything. My wife didn't want to offend her so she kindly said, "I'm just hungry." (She's pregnant and had been quite hungry for a couple hours.) The waitress immediately became defensive, talking about how long food takes to cook.

My wife said, "Well, we'd been here about an hour," as the waitress was walking away. The waitress TURNED AROUND to berate my wife. "WHAT DID YOU SAY?! You've not been here an HOUR! You're welcome to leave!!!" And on and on. We said, "Thank you, ma'am," but she kept insisting on how right she was, how stupid we were to think food could cook as quickly at Dry Dock as fast food, etc. Eventually she left, but only to return and initiate a second episode of confronting and berating, to which we responded with complete silence.

She then was superficially nice to us until the end, when she presented us with checks already containing 18% tip "so we wouldn't have to calculate it." This was because we had 10 people sitting at two different tables in parties of 3, 2, 2, 2, and 1, so according to her we qualified for the "group of 6" on which 18% gratuity is automatically imposed. I asked to see the manager. The waitress smugly informed me she was the owner. Her husband moseyed over to our table as well, standing inches from me, and insisting that we "talk civilly." He proceeded to talk over me no matter what I said, called me a liar, instructed me more on how long food takes to cook, and so forth. He even threatened, without provocation, to call the police since I was allegedly seeking to "defraud an innkeeper" by challenging his absurd narrative and requesting not to pay the tip. But no, he stood there and demanded all 10 of us pay immediately, pulling out his phone to call the cops if we even questioned that. So he literally coerced a tip out of us since he knew beforehand that his wife's contentious behavior was unjustified and disgraceful. Again, I have NEVER experienced anything like this in any restaurant whatsoever. There was nothing resembling apology or even conciliation at any point during this meal.

Moreover, throughout all this, the owner insisted that *my wife* berated and confronted his wife (the waitress), and that we were being extremely unreasonable in even *thinking* that the food took a long time to prepare! I don't very much mind having a long wait time for food -- rarely do I even reduce my tip or leave a negative review merely for that, especially if the waiter is considerate -- but to actively berate us, lie about what transpired, and threaten police involvement, all while talking over me and insulting me as I tried my best to remain calm, is beyond reprehensible. This inconsiderate and antagonistic couple should be ashamed of themselves for their coercion and abuse of their own customers.

5  Thank Ben M
Reviewed March 28, 2018

We had just sat down, waited way too long for us to get seated. when an Asian customer was having trouble pronouncing the name of the meal. Instead of being understanding, the one lady on staff began to berate the customer for wasting the "Staff's Time". The customer and his party with him attempted to leave without a tip. The waitress was furious, calling him stingy based on his race, such as "If you wanted cheap food, then just eat your dog.". I could not believe what I was hearing. The lady, who was apparently the manager, threatened to call the cops on the party. At this point I was terrified and uncomfortable, so I ran to the bathroom. When I returned the party had left. I would only recommend this place to sadists.

4  Thank Fish L
Reviewed February 14, 2018

We stopped in a few nights ago and it was so noisy we left. People playing pool and smoking. We had eat at their old place before and it was really good, but left after we had drinks that night.

Rob A, Owner at The DryDock Seafood & Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2018

We haven't had a pool table in 5 years. We don't allow smoking inside. It's illegal.