All reviews admirals row bunk beds huge pool through vrbo security gate bedroom condo pull out sofa hilton head island summer vacation bike rental kiddie pool long weekend full kitchen off season family vacation coconutz ocean
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

The complex is very nice, just very large. Had a little trouble finding our friends at another section but quickly conquered that. Restaurants are abundant and the ones we chose was very good. The island itself is very well developed. All commercialism is very well hidden. My only negative thought would be the $105 cleaning charge. I can understand it if we stayed a week or longer but just how dirty can the unit get after a two night stay? With checkin at 3:00 and checkout at 10:00, we weren't even there for 48 hours.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Trista S, Front Desk Manager at Hilton Head Island Beach & Tennis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Thank you for the review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our wonderful property. You are correct, Hilton Head is very well developed. It is nice to know that the commercial things are available, but do not distract from the natural beauty of the island. Hilton Head Island Beach & Tennis Resort is not a traditional hotel. We are a management company - managing privately owned villas for owners. Like most other management companies, we do pass along the cleaning costs to the guests. The cost varies on how the reservation was booked and length of stay. If you would like more information, please contact me at the resort and I will be more than happy to explain the fee breakdown to you.
We do hope that you will come see us again on your next trip to the island. I will be more than happy to book you directly!

Reviewed October 26, 2018

Got charged cleaning fee but thankfully it was reversed. Manager told us that Trip Advisor did not have the correct contract which showed all of the fees. Supposed to have ocean view but it was parking lot view instead. Found a live bug under a pillow on a bed (roach not bedbug). Not sure of type of bug at the time so we left. Charged for room anyway even though manager was notified of us finding the bug. Unit number was AR440.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Scott E, Manager at Hilton Head Island Beach & Tennis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2018

Dear Joann,
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are truly sorry you did not have the opportunity to enjoy our beautiful Resort. The views are different from villa to villa, many of them have ocean views, along with the beautiful scenery from our preserved island. We are always willing to accommodate if available should a guest be unsatisfied with their unit or view. We will be reaching out to you personally to see if we can resolve this matter.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Condominium AR 201 was very dated and in great need of repair and updating. Upon arriving at the unit, the door was not locked. We discovered the top lock, using the key, was the only lock to secure the unit, even when we were inside. The entire unit was a disappointment based on the amount of money charged for its use. The nicest part of the condo was the ocean front view. However, even that, did not make up for its dated condition and the fact that it took multiple days before someone arrived to repair the bottom lock on the door. In order to repair the lock, the man had to layer a second catch over the first to get the door lock to hold properly. Also, the stove only had two of the four burners working. The two that were working were tilted, causing a pot to lean to one side. The young man that came to look at the stove, I later learned, was new and did not know exactly what to do to fix the stove. He pushed the burner ring down but it only held for a short time. After two days and additional complaints to the front desk, another man came to determine the problem with the stove. He discovered one burner was not plugged in and the two working burners continued to tilt. Someone from the front desk called to ask the brand of the stove. I never heard anything else about the stove so I survived with only three working burners. The unit needed exterminating for bugs. I even killed a spider in the bed pillow case. As nice as the staff was, this property needs major renovations. It’s difficult to believe but we were told that the unit we had was one of the best. I would not stay here or recommend it to friends and family unless it had undergone a major renovation.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Carol B
Trista S, Front Desk Manager at Hilton Head Island Beach & Tennis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. The unit that you were in has undergone renovations recently. I do apologize that there was an issue with the stove. I am surprised that there was a lock issue, as all of our locks are quite new. I am sorry that you experienced this. Our front desk staff would have been more than happy to help you find another room on our property - if one was available. We were quite busy during the time you were with us. If you would like to discuss the stay further, please contact our General Manager , Rob Lewis, at 843-842-0025.

Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

I did notice the host did not put a copy of the receipt I'm our packet. My account was charged $45 booking fee and $80 cleaning fee for one night. Room was $95 and room is falling apart. Mold on ceiling

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry A
Scott E, Director of Sales at Hilton Head Island Beach & Tennis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2018

Hi Jerry,
We'd like to discuss your stay. Could you please call Rob Lewis, General Manager at 800.475.2631
Thanks

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay. Room was clean and comfortable. Decorated with sea theme. Room came with items the kids need while on the beach such as chairs, umbrella, sandcastle buckets and boogie boards. Property was quiet. Other guest were polite. Beach was so clean and not overcrowded! Kids loved the pool. The pool is huge! Little pricey for the pool restaurant but was convenient.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Carla W
Trista S, Front Desk Manager at Hilton Head Island Beach & Tennis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Thank you for the review. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time at our resort. We look forward to seeing you again soon!