“Awesome!!”

Cool Cat Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Cool Cat offers 6 and 8 hour nearshore and deep sea fishing trips out of Hilton Head Harbor. Fish Aboard a 2008 29ft Twin Vee Cat Boat With Twin 300 Suzukis...SPEED & COMFORT! Catch King Mackerel, Tuna, Shark, Barracuda, Wahoo, Dolphin, Grouper, Snapper and much more. Dolphin sightings are an everyday event on the way out to catch fish.
Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

Had an awesome time! The boat was great and we caught many fish. We went
with my wife and three kids and we all loved it. Would highly recommend!!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"boat"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed April 20, 2017

I had never done a fishing charter before, and so I didn't know exactly what to expect. But, whatever my expectations could have been, they were exceeded. First, Captain Chris is just a really good guy. Smart, nuanced, funny, and extraordinarily helpful. My friend and I had our 4 boys there, and Chris was very patient with them as he helped them reel in various kinds of fish. Both my son and my friend's son caught small sharks! Chris answered all of our questions about fishing in the area, the different types of fish, how to fish them, etc. The boat is very clean and safe, which should of course go without saying. And, we caught some great stuff...the highlight being the first King Mackerel in Hilton Head of the season. I can't recommend Chris and Cool Cat enough.

Reviewed June 24, 2016

I was very fortunate to to arrange a fishing charter with Captain Chris aka Bubba !! I was calling several charters and hearing they were all booked and leaving messages with everyone (because we decided to try to book a charter for the next morning). Crazy I know but luck was on our side. Captain Chris had a last minute cancelation and kindly called me back at night and my family of 4 were on his boat the next morning. He was very friendly and very kind to my kids (age 4 & 8) . My little girl was a bit nervous going out on the water but in the end she was a good trooper. My 8yr old son loved every moment of the charter. He quickly caught his first shark under the careful guidance of Capt. Chris. My husband caught a shark too but my son was the winner with 5 catches .....or so we thought !! Within the last hour we had hooked something that took off like crazy!! Too strong for my son to reel in so my husband took the line and HOLY COW !!!! Off in the distance a HUGE TARPON JUMPED OUT OF THE WATER !!!! Captain Chris was amazed. He said this was his first tarpon on a charter. I must say he was giddy and excited and laughed with my daughter when she told him this was a 2 glove job. A neighboring charter was anchored near by and watched in amazement while my husband reeled her in for over 20 minutes. Captain Chris guided my husband every second. He said, "good thing you know what your doing and your listening to direction because I wouldn't hesitate yelling at you!" LOL !!! After a long struggle and burning arms, she finally was pulled aboard. WOW !!!!!! Unbelievable she was!!! My family was so happy and proud of daddy. Capt. Chris said grab my phone and I quickly took pics with his and my phone. After the pics, he made sure she was okay and breathing well before she swam off. "Over a buck and quarter" said Capt. Chris. We came back to land and all of us were smiling like crazy. What an incredible time that morning was and we added some wonderful memories.
THANK YOU SO MUCH CAPTIAN CHRIS !!!!!!

2  Thank Sophie L
Reviewed May 17, 2016 via mobile

This was my third trip with Capitan Chris. He is by far one of the best fisherman on this island. We probably hooked up with at least 20 Cobia. Within 5 minutes of setting the anchor we were hooked up with 3 huge Cobia. The fun didn't stop on the way back. Got to see a manta ray witch we caught the Cobia that were swimming with it. By far the best trip I've had so far. Why is that cause it was so much fun I'm doing it again in 2 weeks! Thanks again captain you will always have my business.

1  Thank TheFoodGuy843
See more reviews
Reviewed March 18, 2016

What a GREAT family fishing trip!!! Capt Chris AKA Bubba is probably one of the friendliest and accommodating captains we've experienced. We booked a trip for 2 adults and 2 kids (boy-13 & girl-6) for an inshore "catch anything" kind of trip. We told him we were bringing our 6 year old daughter and he brought along his daughter and the two of them had a blast. The kids decided on shark fishing and we were NOT disappointed. We hooked up on some HUGE ones including one that he pulled anchor and chased down with the boat to keep the fish on.
Capt Chris is VERY knowledgeable about the local waters and the fishing and based on the radio chatter, very popular with other charter captains. He provides all bait and equipment, just bring your won drinks, snacks and sunscreen.
Not a boring moment on the trip. Lots of laughs even during slow times between bites. Can't wait to go back. Booked a trip for all of us during our kids spring break April 2016.