“Overall it was very good but there was some minor...”
Porch Porch
2nd Floor Hall Bathroom
Guest Bedroom - 2 Twins
Beach Access
'Our Beach'
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
addfellow...
nyc
“Phenomenal location,great pool/spa,but wouldn't stay here again”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

My wife & I spent a week in early May at this large, perfectly situated beach house. The decor was definitely dated, but the rooms were large and the bed in the MB was firm & very comfortable. The house was a very short bike ride from the South Beach Marina Village and it's restaurants & shops. It's a slightly longer but still flat, easy bike ride to the gorgeous Harbour Town yacht basin. The private boardwalk that leads to the beach had just been rebuilt before our stay, due to the sea level rise the locals say is now routinely destroying their boardwalks and causing some very problematic beach erosion. It was a truly freaky experience to sit on the set of stairs that lead down to the sand at the end of the boardwalk and have the ocean lapping at the bottom step during high tide.
Overall, we had a great time. The fly in the ointment, however, was the humidity. Not outdoor, but indoor. We had outdoor temps in the mid-70's with relatively high humidity, which of course you expect being several paces from the Atlantic ocean. And the A/C in the house was very effective in keeping the indoor temp where we wanted it. But for some reason the A/C was never able to dehumidify the house, which led to a constant cold, clammy feel to the air. It was so humid inside the house that even after 3 days, laundry that we had set out to air dry in the house was still damp. In fact, there were times when it felt less humid outside. I can only imagine how uncomfortable the house would be in the blazing heat of August. I think they need to do some additional insulating to keep outside humidity from infiltrating. If they do that, I'd change my overall rating of the property to "excellent" and book our next beach vacation there.
P.S. The rental company was wonderfully responsive to a few minor issues (disposal jam, hot tub control activation)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Proximity to beach, South Beach, view
Liked least: High indoor humidity
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
28 May 2013
Thank you so much for your review of 16 Painted Bunting. We appreciate the time you've taken to advise us on your experience staying in this fun beach home. We've recently had a super tide that has recently eroded away some of our dune, the beach stairway access onto the beach and been fixed since your stay. We are also working on the a/c and are thankful that you had advised us about the humidity (this will be fixed asap). We hope to see you again next year.

Beth Henzler

Travelling group: Family with teenagers
mn
Reviewed May 31, 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 55-64
NY
Reviewed May 17, 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing