All reviewsgarden villajasmine buildingmorning gloryocean frontindoor poolsplash padmarriott vacation club ownersfull kitchenwestin hotelport royal plantationhilton head islandtime sharedaily activitiesmain buildingbar and grillhome resortgreat resort
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

Always a good choice. My family and I enjoy this spot for location and the service standards of this group. (Marriott) A few housekeeping issues (cleanliness at check in) but not enough to change my point of view. Front desk staff is kind and serving.
We have stayed here many times and will be back hopefully.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Barony Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Thank you for a perfect review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed another stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

My family and I decided we would spend our summer vacation on Hilton Head Island this year. We had vacationed at Mertle Beach but over time had a desire to check out Hilton Head Island. I must say this was quite an enjoyable vacation. Our stay was for 5 days at the Barony Beach Club Ocean Villas, a Marriott property. Let me begin by saying my family and I were not disappointed. Upon check-in, my family ad I received a very warm welcome from staff. We were even offered a glass of wine which was very refreshing. Our condo was located on the 2nd floor. We were very pleased with the amenities it offered. The condo offered 2-bedrooms and 2-full baths with a kitchen and balcony. It should also be noted that the parking garage is sheltered and located below the condos. If I remember correctly, the resort has two sides to the property.
There is a "beach side" and there is the "non beach side". The difference is for the "non beach side", you have to walk a small distance to get to the beach. The beach is really non-descript. It's the beach with no frills. The resort complex has an indoor pool as well as an outdoor pool. It has a exercise room and a game room. It is also located in close proximity to shopping and restaurants. The resort will also book tours of the island for you. The tour my family and I booked was the tour to Palmetto Bluff. As for restaurants, we made reservations to eat at Ruby's, one of the most popular restaurants on the island. Ruby's serves down home southern food. The fried chicken is to die for. There are two locations. The other restaurant we tried was the Crazy Crab seafood restaurant. I would have to give it 2.5 stars. Each person in my party ordered the steamed seafood pot which consisted of One-half a Maine Lobster, Shrimp, Snow Crab Legs and Oysters, with red potatoes and corn on the cob. We were not pleased with the flavor at all. It had a bland flavor, no seasoning as we're used to here in Florida. We were disappointed. One of the sites you must see is the Harbor Town Lighthouse. There is admission for entrance into Harbor Town. My family and I really did enjoy our stay in Hilton Head Island. We're excited about returning in the future. There is a lot to see and do.

Room Tip: The rear condos are closest to the beach. Corner condo is closest to the stairs.The elevators are in the middle of the building.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for a perfect review! We are so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here at Marriott's Barony Beach Club.

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Staying in gardenview 2 bedroom condo. Newly renovated and absolutely amazing. Great beds, gorgeous bathrooms with the best shower. Tv's work half the time just like cable at home. Outside space amazing. Pools, corn hole shuffleboard etc. Designed for complete family fun and time together. Amazing resort.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Barony Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

James, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a perfect review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here in Hilton Head.

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Clean comfortable rooms. Friendly staff. We have been to this resort three times now and each experience has been great. Truth be known I Love Marriott they have always been outstanding and accommodating to my wife and I.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for a perfect review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Marriott's Barony Beach Club.

Reviewed October 5, 2017

As far as timeshares are concerned, this one is great! Upgraded granite counter tops, full kitchen, laundry room in each unit, two bedrooms (one with king and the other with two queen beds). Great in summertime since there are so many pools and a fun water slide for the kids, grills for bar-b-queing, indoor pool for cool or rainy days, and just minutes from many golf courses! Plus, so nice being just steps from the beach and ocean. A must stay when visiting Hilton Head Island.

Room Tip: Summer is great to be in the garden view rooms if you have kids
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Barony Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Thank you for a perfect review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the resort here in Hilton Head.