Free cancellation until 29/07
US$94
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$299
Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$184
Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
US$341
  • Pool
US$194
Westin.com
Hampton Inn Hilton Head(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
US$161
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$219
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$242/night.

Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$139
Marriott's Grande Ocean(Hilton Head)
US$750
Marriott
All reviewsgarden villajasmine buildingmorning gloryocean frontindoor poolsplash padmarriott vacation club ownersfull kitchenwestin hotelport royal plantationhilton head islanddaily activitiesmain buildingtime sharebar and grillhome resortgrande ocean
Reviewed January 24, 2010

I really enjoyed the clean rooms, easy check in/out. The hard packed sand on the beach was wonderful for talking long walks. I was disappointed with the no mid week maid service and no view of the ocean. There were limited rooms with ocean view and like other raters said they were for long term guests. There was daytime construction noise which didn't allow us to enjoy fresh air during the day.

I loved all the kitchen amentities and the super soft towels. Water pressure in the shower was a little lacking.

It was a quick walk to the beach. The inside courtyard area was incredible, lighted grills, lots of swings, heated pools and wonderful fountains. Lots of little things to do on site. It also had free wireless and an incredible workout area.

I would highly recommend taking a hike/walk in the Sea Pines Forest. That was a very nice treat. Also, a kayak trip (shop around, most were $40, I got mine for $25) was filled with dolphins and even a bald eagle! There was some nice nightlife at multiple bar locations. I would highly recommend going to Sante Fe for dining, it had to be the best food I had in awhile! The Oyster Factory was a great place for dinner and drinks at sunset.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelingtheWorldGal
Reviewed January 23, 2010

Great service, great amenities, best location in South Carolina ,

Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2009

This was our second trip to Hilton Head Island. First visit was to the Shelter Cove area (on a marshland inlet) about 10 years ago. This visit we stayed in the Port Royal Plantation area, on the beach. We preferred being right next to the ocean for morning or evening walks.

This Marriott resort is divided up into eight buildings with only two facing the ocean - we had requested a beachfront unit prior to check-in (with the understanding that it couldn't be guaranteed) but upon arrival were told there were only 30 beach units and those were reserved for the owners. When I noticed the next day what appeared to be vacancies facing the beach, I called & asked to be moved to one of those units but was told I would be notified if anything became available. We did not hear back but upon check-in, we had been "upgraded" to a building closer to the beach. My mom is 81 years old so we did appreciate fewer steps to the beach. We had a second floor, 2-bedroom unit serviced by an elevator with parking directly underneath our building - very convenient and safe. Our unit also faced out over the outdoor heated pool framed by pines trees and plantings - very peaceful. Since the busy season had slowed, few people were using the pool.

The unit itself was light and bright with nice (but "older") furnishings. The bedrooms were clean and comfortable but the tile floors in both bathrooms and the entire entryway/kitchen did not appear to have been mopped - we wore our socks when we walked around the unit. The kitchen was the best-stocked of all our previous exchanges with everything you needed to fix meals - we typically eat breakfast and lunch in the unit and then explore local restaurants for dinner. There were so many restaurants to choose from on the Island but the following is where we ended up: the Hilton Head Diner right on Hwy. 278 traveling towards Sea Pines (home-cooking with reasonable prices and jukebox background music - I had stuffed peppers & Mom had fish & chips); Red Fish Restaurant (& retail wine shop) close to the Sea Pines roundabout off Archer Rd. (with an early-bird dinner offering up until 5:45pm - we both had a wonderful tomato basil soup, beef medallions & dessert for $15 each. I also bought a bottle of red wine recommended by our server to take home to my husband). Also, Charley's Crab off Hwy. 278 on Squire Pope Rd (very nice atmosphere overlooking Skull Creek - another early-bird special with three courses. We had a salad, the Carolina Trout, and Key Lime pie for dessert & I had wine with dinner. A little more expensive than Red Fish but enjoyable, nonetheless. You can wear jeans here but you'll feel out of place).

Our resort was much less crowded (located on the "heel" of the island) and away from the Forest Beach area (located closer to the "toes", near Sea Pines) where there seems to be a larger concentration of hotels, shops and restaurants. We prefer less crowded. Port Royal is only a few minutes away from all those things in any direction you go on the main drag (Hwy. 278). We ventured into Sea Pines (be prepared to pay a $5 entry fee at the guard gate to enter Sea Pines) several times that week for sightseeing and ice cream near the Harbor Town lighthouse.

We also took a day trip to Savannah, GA (on our own although the resort offered it as one of their planned activities), leaving in our car around 10:30am and returning to the Barony Beach Club around 4:00pm. We took the Trolley car tour around Savannah & then ate at a tapas restaurant at City Market, which was one of the tour stops). The City is amazing if you enjoy history, southern charm, and trees covered in Spanish moss!

If you also enjoy friendly & courteous staff, comfortable accommodations, lots of planned activities for every age, free wireless internet, an outdoor heated pool, miles of bike paths, on-site day spa, pool bar, cabanas, and a great beach for walking, you'll enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank PhotogirlColumbus_OH
Reviewed October 18, 2009

The staff is really friendly, and responds instantly to any requests. There are many scheduled activities daily for all ages and tastes. If you are not an owner at Barony, you will be placed in one of the 2 garden buildings, but the accomodations there are equal to those in the four main buildings, and you have access to all the amenities. If you rent bikes, it's easy to go back and forth.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jmckhobbs
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My family and I stayed at the Barony Beach Club with my brother-in-law and my niece from 8/22-8/29/09. Our kids are 12 & 13 and my niece is 16. We had a great time. We had stayed at the Grande Ocean 2 years ago—enjoyed it immensely, but wanted to try another Marriott. We exchanged our Marriott in Orlando for the Barony. My husband was afraid that we were going to get a room in one of the buildings across the street after reading reviews, but we were in Sea Oat, one of the front buildings. They apparently reserve the ocean front rooms for those who own at Barony. I can’t blame them. We were happy with where we were. The rooms were really nice and clean and well maintained.

Our kids didn’t participate in as many activities as they had when they were younger, but we watched all the younger families having a blast at the pool playing games. It was a nice atmosphere. The Barony is smaller than Grande Ocean, so it wasn’t as crazy busy. It was more relaxing and this was a nice plus. The resort was booked, but it didn’t feel over crowded. All along the paths, there are chairs and tables, lounge chairs and other places to sit and relax.

There isn’t a restaurant on site but as with other Marriott’s there is the Market Place serving Pizza Hut and other snacks and necessities. The pool bar was good—not as good as Pool Bar Jim’s at Grande Ocean, but they made great frozen drinks. During the day, they also served burgers, fries and other items.

The guys played golf first thing in the morning, and then we would hit the beach. The beach was beautiful and the water was fabulous. It wasn’t as crowded because of the location. The pools were great, hot tubs too. We loved the indoor pool too. My son enjoyed the gym – lots of nice equipment. There is a Spa, but we didn’t try it. We used the grill/picnic area. This was really nice, with tables to eat at and a large covered area. Get there early since a lot of families use this feature.

It really was a great vacation and we were so surprised with how much we enjoyed the Barony. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family