Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Harbourside II(Hilton Head)
View Hotel
Ramada Hilton Head(Hilton Head)
View Hotel
All reviewsu turnfront deskmoss creekqueen suitecovered parkingunderground parkingtanger outletsbusiness centerminute drivevery nice hotelnice stayeasy accesshousekeeping staffhgilobbyblufftonisland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My boyfriend and I headed down to Hilton Head for a last minute vacation in early April. The service at this property is spectacular! Everybody that we encountered was super friendly and very genuine. The Front Desk staff was so great and definitely deserves commendation. The housekeeping staff, too, was super nice and hospitable and helpful with any request that we had. Like I mentioned before, every employee that we encountered was so friendly and helpful.

The location was great for us. We hopped right onto the island every day that we were there (four days) to hit the beach and other island attractions. The hotel is the very closest that you could be to the island without technically being on it. You really just pull out of the parking lot and onto the bridge over. When we were done beach-going, the Tanger outlets were just a few blocks up the street and the off-island dining that we'd preferred was a quick drive as well. The hotel was perfect for splitting all of the major attractions for us into unburdensome distances. We originally thought that we'd be unhappy not being directly on the island, but like I said, the location was a great convenience for us.

As far as amenities go, we stayed in a suite and there was a microwave, mini-fridge, great in room coffee set up. The expected amenities for that room type, which we were quite pleased with. The hotel itself had a pool and jacuzzi that looked nice and had people utilizing then during the daytime, but we packed all the beach time in that we could, so we skipped them, although they did look nice. There was also breakfast served in the AM, but again, we didn't get it ourselves so I couldn't attest to it, but the space for dining was very open and looked comfy. We did hit the fitness center on site as we are usually at the gym every other day at home. It had basics, a couple treadmills, an elliptical if my memory serves correctly, some medicine balls, a yoga ball, and an adjustable weighted machine so you could get any basic exercizes for the full body in. It was simply, but thoroughly, outfitted. And I'm of the opinion that the expectation for anything more from a hotel fitness center is absurd. So if you don't think that's enough to keep up your basic routine, I personally think you should just probably not travel. We were very easliy able to put together a comprehensive workout with what was available.

Overall, definitely recommend this location!

3  Thank M F
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Never done a review before but felt I had to say something about this hotel. Great staff and nice and clean and perfectly located for all island fun and off island eating. Pool was clean and used the new saline system and no chlorine, in fact we choose to spend most of the vacation at pool side. No crowded beaches and bad morning and evening traffic. Only have two comments from the entire experience. 1, many people commented on the inconvenient location when it comes to cross traffic to gain access to hotel and I would agree but not a show stopper your there a couple of minutes max. 2, in the early April timeframe there should have been clear indication of the bug situation. Nosee'ems everywhere and hungry. Basically a wonderful experience and lots of room in the rooms and can sleep 6 easily

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My husband and I were investigating retirement areas and stayed for two nights. The hotel was okay for the cost. The bed was soft and I felt like I was sinking in the middle. We were both too warm even though we kept moving the thermostat lower but it stayed at 70 degrees.
We spent some time at the pool but there were little bugs biting probably due to the stagnant water behind the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay by the laundry room or exercise room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Steve C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Dear SusanENNJ,
I am sorry for the late response for your feedback on my hotel. I want to thank you very much for staying at the hotel and am very sorry we did not meet your expectations. The bed is a "Sleep System" adjustable bed that my front desk should have pointed out at the check in process. I am very sorry this was not explained to you.
The next time your in Hilton Head please give us another try and I will make sure we meet all your expectations.
Steve Cotton

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. It's nice, newer, and clean. We had a king room in the third floor (top floor) and the AC didn't work. The desk clerk promptly moved us to a different room, upgraded us to a suite at no charge, and threw in free breakfast for the inconvenience. We had a great stay! Note: GPS will guide you wrong. The hotel is the LAST property on mainland SC, on the left/north side of rt 278. GPS has you turn to the right. While technically in Blufton, it is marketed as Hilton Head. We enjoyed our stay. However, note that this property is not too close to beach access. Be sure to eat at Old Oyster Factory and/or Crazy Craba few minutes away.

Room Tip: Mattresses in all rooms have a firmness control and are very comfortable.
Reviewed 29 March 2012

On our way home from a week in Tampa we decided to take a last minute, quick detour and visit Savannah and Hilton Head for a couple days. We travel frequently and were very pleased with this Hilton Garden as it is one of the nicer ones we have stayed in. As there was 3 in our party, we stayed in a 2 queen suite which worked out wonderfully. The extra space was great allowing us to spread out as needed. The service was fantastic and all staff members were more than eager to help out. Location was convenient to activities and restaurants. Great hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family