All reviews u turn front desk moss creek queen suite parking garage tanger outlets parris island minute drive convenient location nice stay coffee maker easy access housekeeping staff outdoor pool hgi lobby bluffton
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

I unexpectedly stayed at this hotel for over a week due to my mom’s hospitalization and unexpected death. The entire staff couldn’t have been nicer making sure I was okay and offering numerous hugs of comfort throughout this terrible ordeal. They became my family! Seeing how they went above and beyond the duties of their job descriptions truly earns them all a huge thumbs up.

The hotel has a family type feel to it. You can tell that these employees really love their jobs and enjoy the opportunity to talk to their guests and get to know them.

The hotel offers a late menu in the lobby which came in handy for my late night arrivals home from the hospital. There are plenty of tables and this area is also used for serving breakfast in the morning.

The beds were very comfortable and the maid staff kept the room very clean.

My only negative comment involves how difficult it is to find the hotel at night. This is not the fault of the hotel but apparently some ordinance which doesn’t permit them to cut back the vegetation which somewhat hides the signage for the hotel.

My personal sincere thanks to everyone at this hotel. All of you truly were my rock during this sad period. I will never forget your true southern hospitality. Definitely will stay here again!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Allison M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time the time to share your experience with the world on Trip Advisor! We appreciate you taking the extra time as I am sure it has been limited recently with everything going on. We again are so sorry for your loss and are happy our staff was able to provide comfort during a difficult time. We believe in spreading the light and warmth of hospitality and are so happy we could brighten your stay! We are glad the room was comfortable and that we could provide you a fresh cooked meal during those late nights. We look forward to your return and please don't hesitate if there is anything I can do for you in the future! Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our entire team and for your outstanding review!

Reviewed October 23, 2018

As soon as I walked in I was greated by Damon. He had huge personality and a wonder smile. I normally hate staying in hotels but felt completely at ease. As soon as I got to my room, I was very happy with everything. With the overall great service from everyone at this hotel I have booked an additional three times.

Room tip: Away from the gym
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Allison M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with the world on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate you taking a the time to recognize Damon for his WARM welcome as he loves to connect with our guests, please know he will be recognized for his efforts. We are so happy our team put you at ease upon arrival as we want all of our guests to feel relaxed while staying with us. So glad you will be returning and please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything I can do to ensure a brighter visit! We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head!

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Walking into this hotel you are greeted by stairs unless you come in through the parking garage. Don't do like I did and drag your bags up the stairs, there's a really small elevator to your left that you can use to get to the check-in desk. Check in went smooth, elevator was clean, carpet clean on the way to the room as well. Press Key to the door and your in! I had a 2 room suite. Plenty of space, extra blankets, no issues. Ordered food from the restaurant for the kids they rated it as good. 15-20 minute drive to the island, 1 mile to the outlet mall, and a convenient gas station directly across from the hotel. Parking was free. We had breakfast every morning, positive feedback was given from my party. There's an outdoor pool (a little oddly placed) but we didn't use it, so I can't comment.

The one thing I haven't talked about is the staff. All around there's a lot to be desired in terms of customer service. The food staff, front desk, and housekeeping all had their issues. So to be positive I'm going to pretend that their bodies were taken over by Motel 6 employees causing them to misrepresent the Hilton brand. I recommend this hotel in hopes that someone else would have a different experience. I do not recommend this hotel if your business and or family dealings are in Savannah (too far).

Trip type: Travelled with family
Allison M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us some valuable feedback from your recent visit! You are right regarding the unique stair case entry as we are built above the sea level as our hotel sits adjacent to the inner coastal waterway. We are happy your check in experience was positive and appreciate you recognizing us for the quality of cleanliness throughout the premises. So happy our newly renovated accommodations provided plenty of space for you and your family to enjoy! So glad you even had time to join us for the cook to order buffet! I am however terribly sorry that the overall service fell short of your expectations and will be sure to share your feedback with all team members as every guest should feel welcomed and appreciated when staying with us! We are Hilton, We are hospitality, and I am deeply sorry this was not portrayed throughout your recent visit. We do hope you allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves as we truly want you to have a better and brighter experience in the future!

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

The Hilton Grand Vacation club put us up at this hotel for three nights.

We enjoyed all aspects of the hotel including the staff, breakfast, the room and the weight room. The staff was all friendly and attentive. Crystal at the front desk was exceptional. Breakfast was very good. It included lots of fresh fruit and cooked to order omelets. Breakfast is not included with the room price. It’s additional. I got it free as I’m a Hilton Gold member. We got upgraded to a larger room. It was very comfortable.

This hotel is not located on Hilton Head Island. It’s actually in Bluffton. It’s by the bridge to Hilton Head Island. The road leading to the island is dangerous as there’s lots of traffic and they are mostly going well over the speed limit. Be careful regardless of whether you take a right or left on the highway. I rated the hotel by itself.

We also attended a two hour presentation where the Hilton Grand Vacation club tried to sell us a time share at their new property on the island. It basically boils down to a seven day vacation property every year for about a $35,000 down payment. You could borrow this money from them for about 16% interest per year. Plus pay about a $1200 maintenance fee per year. Wow!

To me this is a horrible deal. I can get a property for a week almost anywhere for about $2,000 a year without paying them the large amount of money upfront or the hassle or the long term commitment. Read the pros and cons of buying a time share before you sign anything. Beware!!!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Allison M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Thank you so much for taking a moment to share with our guests your experience with the Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head! We are delighted that our team provided you an memorable experience and that Ms. Crystal made a lasting impression! So glad you had time to join us for our cook to order breakfast and happy our staff treated you to an upgrade for your continued loyalty to Hilton! We are glad we provided an all around rewarding experience and am terribly sorry that your tour was not at pleasant. I will be sure to share this feedback with their team as we always appreciate any feedback our guests are willing to share. We do look forward to welcoming you back the next time you find yourself in Hilton Head and please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

Great stay in Hilton Head. This hotel was convenient to get to the beaches, but away from most of the busyness and traffic. It wasn't difficult to get anywhere. Close to other businesses, Nature preserve, etc.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Allison M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Thank you so much for your recent review on Trip Advisor! We are very happy our team provided you a great stay during your recent visit to Hilton Head! We are glad that our central location allowed for exploring many of our local shopping and nearby activities. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the future and please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance.