“Good food with a purpose ”
Review of Bullies

Bullies
Ranked #36 of 392 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in here purely because of the name. We are part of a bulldog rescue organization in NC. Had great conversation with the owner who is a true bulldog lover. He was a special soul. Then...we got the bbq to go. Wow! Great pulled pork! Was such good food! Our family ate every bite! A pleasure to have great food from a great owner who appreciates the breed and not just for the name. Recommend!!!

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Lots of great reviews led us to try this place. We had the sampler of ribs, pork, chicken, brisket and plenty of sides.
The brisket was the biggest disappointment. It tasted no better than Hardee’s roast beef. Thinly sliced, no smoke taste, and swimming in liquid. The pulled pork and chicken were acceptable. The sauce selection was varied and good. I expected better Q in this part of the South.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

We went on a Monday, and ordered a full slab. The sides were great but the ribs left much to be desired. They left the silver skin on the back of the ribs and it was leather. Seemed more like poorly home cooked leftovers.

Reviewed March 13, 2018

We decided to try Bullies after reading the reviews. We chose the dinner for two to go. It is not a place for a date as it is small and very casual. We took 4 little cups of BBQ sauce. Our dinner had brisket, pulled chicken, pulled pork, ribs, cornbread, and coleslaw. The meat was delicious. Our favorite was the ribs. The coleslaw was also very good. We didn’t care for the Mac and cheese. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed March 13, 2018

Read so many good reviews on Bullies BBQ, so I tried it for lunch today. Ordered a beef brisket combo, and anxiously anticipated tasting the sandwich. However, the brisket was more like a roast beef sandwich, instead of pit smoked BBQ. It was good roast beef, but not great pit smoked brisket. The fries were delicious, and the cole slaw good, but I won't go back. In my opinion, the Smokehouse is better if you are looking for real pit smoked BBQ. Also, when I asked for Tobasco, the unfriendly cashier said, "All we have is over there". They only had different sauces. Alot of people including me, enjoy jot sauce on the sandwich, not a sauce.
A side note: While ordering my combo I noticed a "tip" jar next to the cash register, and normally I leave a tip for the workers, however if the person taking your order expects any tips, she should smile and act like she enjoys serving you. She did not!