“Nice Restaurant In Isle of Palms”

Acme Lowcountry Kitchen
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Acme Lowcountry Kitchen is your spot for 100% Always Local South Carolina Shrimp! We are a Platinum member of the South Carolina aquarium and the first South Carolina member of the James Beard Smart Catch program. Local, East Coast and Sustainable seafood is what we do.
Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

Visited the restaurant with the family. Initially I was a little confused because it has a very professional feel in the front but a party in the back with a bar and patio. They have beautiful displays of entrees, but they served small soup crackers with the giant crab dip appetizer.

Other than that, I would say the seafood is excellent. The scallops are very good and the grits are to die for. Would recommend this restaurant to anybody.

Date of visit: October 2016
Write a reviewReviews (3,562)

Reviewed October 29, 2016

With a group of local friends we recently tried Acme. The menu is filled with South Carolina lowcountry favorites along with some different things like braised short ribs. Lots of fresh seafood including six styles of shrimp and grits! All entrees were good to very good. Beer and wine choices adequate. Service nice. Prices moderate. We'll be back.

Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

We chose ALK after seeing positive reviews on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. We went with four other couples when we were all visiting from Michigan. The location is great, a very short walk from the beach and our rental house. Everybody's food was excellent, including beef, pork, fish and vegetables. I would definitely go back the next time I visit Isle of Palms.

Reviewed October 27, 2016 via mobile

This was the second time we've eaten at this restaurant - the first time was 1year ago this same week. We started off our meal with Gouda grit fries. They were very tasty and much as I remember them from last time although I don't remember then being shaped like bricks. My husband has the blackened shrimp n grits. They arrived at the table hot and he enjoyed them very much. I has my usual - scallops with pimento grits and kale. It was hot and the scallops were done to perfection (lightly crusty on the outside and buttery soft on the inside). The pimento grits were very tasty as was the kale. My only suggestion to make the meal a bit better would be to put a little more kale on the dish. For dessert, we split their coconut custard pie. This was risky since many we have tried at other restaurants have been too sweet. This was a perfect pie and was served with fresh homemade whipped cream. Delicious!

Reviewed October 25, 2016

While in the area for business in North Charleston, made the decision to venture over to the Isle of Palms and this local gem. Once again, ALK did not disappoint.

One of my colleagues, who just moved to the US from Greece last year, fell in love with low country cuisine (this was her first visit to South Carolina). She ordered the fried shrimp and she received an abundance of lightly breaded, perfectly seasoned local shrimp. She delighted over the shrimp, home made cole slaw and fell in love with the lowcountry staple red rice.

The rest of us ordered a variation of the shrimp and grits (blackened, jerk)....while I ordered the blackened and it was good, my colleague ordered the jerk and it was much better than my blackened in terms of flavor. My girts were really good (creamy and flavorful). His grits were sweetened with coconut or pineapple, and while good....sweet grits are really not my thing.

We shared the fried grits fries and they were excellent again.

Great service and the weather was great that we enjoyed the enclosed patio.