“Great ribs!!”

Jo Jo's Backyard BBQ
Ranked #16 of 71 Restaurants in Lancaster
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

We have gone to quite a few BBQ joints in Charlotte area. The ribs here are the best I’ve had in this area. Fall off the bone with a great smokey flavor. The chicken was also very good, fall off the bone and full of flavor. The sides were average but the meats made up for it.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

This is some of the best BBQ that I have ever eaten. I am not to crazy about the Brunswick stew but the great BBQ over shadows this

Reviewed January 20, 2017 via mobile

This is a small place with excellent food! I ordered the Pork/Rib Combo Plate. The ribs were literally falling off the bone. The chopped BBQ was equally tender. You have a choice of either vinegar-based (my personal preference) or mustard-based sauce. My two sides were baked beans (sweet & delicious) and potato salad made with mayo. (None of that Miracle Whip crap.). I will definitely be back for more!

Reviewed August 12, 2016

Recommend the Bucket of Slop...Smoked pork/shredded, slaw ( white-mayo), canned baked beans layered in a large Styrofoam cup (don't forget the honey-mustard JoJo sauce!) for about $5.00.

Reviewed April 20, 2016

We stumbled across this hidden away BBQ place and we were so glad we did! I had the BBQ pulled pork sandwich with baked beans and sweet Tea. The BBQ was piled high on the bun which I added a vinegar based BBQ sauce to. There was a mustard based one on the table as well. The baked beans were plenty and good. Tea was just right. The place was very clean and well decorated. The ladies working were very nice as well as the customers. They offer take out and catering. There is also outside tables to sit and eat. We will be returning there very soon! They are also opening up a second location in Waxhaw NC. The prices are great!