All reviews room was clean bedroom area shopping and restaurants front desk staff nice stay breakfast buffet one night stay staff was friendly would stay again excellent customer service in town starbucks walmart folks clerk bedding
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed here while in the area and was very pleased. Kim and Julie were both extremely pleasant and helpful, obviously very guest service oriented! They both made me feel right at home. The location was easy to find, near lots of shopping and restaurants, with plenty of parking available. The room was attractive and clean, and had everything that you could need. The bathroom was also clean, and had plenty of room. Did not have the complimentary breakfast as I was running late, but it appeared to be well stocked, and looked inviting. I would not hesitate to stay here on another trip. Again, I want to thank Kim and Julie for their hospitality and friendliness!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Murray2417
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is our sixth stay at the Holiday Inn Lexington SC and as ever the rooms are clean, the staff polite cheerful and helpful; particularly at the front desk and the buffet breakfast excellent. It is a great place to stay if you are visiting Columbia or anywhere else in South Carolina. Charleston is about a one hour forty-five minute drive. There is plenty of choice of restaurants near by as well as a shopping centre with Walmart, TJ Max, Publix, dress barn etc. Down Town Columbia is about 20 minute drive for serious shopping and Lake Murray is 10 minutes drive. 15 minutes from Columbia Metropolitan airport. The hotel although a chain has a family atmosphere. The Swimming Pool was clean as was the whole pool area.

Room Tip: For a family of 4 the most spacious room is on top floor, over looking the front of the hotel. The room is positioned above the front entrance (can't remember the number) it also has sink, microwave, fridge area
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

OMG, where do I start? I wish I had read the reviews on this hotel, I mistakenly assumed that because I had stayed at other HIE express locations and been satisfied this experience would have been the same. Not so.

The carpet is stained throughout the property, common areas as well as guest rooms. The PTac A/C units are loud and squeel and screech all night long. The hotel hallways appear to have not been vacuumed any time recently, the hotel smells of cigarettes throughout. The rooms smell like cigarettes masked by air freshener.

The night clerk, "Bob" is as clueless as they come. I asked for a room change and he did not check to see if the second one was any better.

So unhappy, I would rather sleep in my car and may do just that.

Do not stay here!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Barbara D,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It's disappointing to hear about your experience at our hotel. I would like to address your concerns in further details and have sent you a private message to obtain more information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We previously stayed in Columbia SC Holiday Inn Express. We expected much better accommodations based on our previous experience. When I called about where to plug in our coffee maker they said that we would have to move it since there was no available electricity to it. There were no linens for the sofa sleeper. Only one ice machine for 3 floors. Pool was green and dirty...... sauna and steam room locked and unavailable. Stains on the dust ruffles on the beds......nastiness on the handicap bars in the bathroom. Don't waste your money on these accommodations......RUN to the nearest available!

Room Tip: Smoker and no smoker rooms mixed on the same hall....can smell smoke.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BrookeSShaw
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel was a little older than some but very clean. Breakfast buffet was great and varied daily. The staff was very friendly and personable shopping and recreation was nearby. Airconditioning was refreshing and cooled the room adequately which during this heat is remarkable! We didn't use the pool but saw staff cleaning it daily. A very comfortable stay

Room Tip: The only reason rooms received a very good was because they are older but cleanliness was still maintained
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family