All reviews room was clean bedroom area shopping and restaurants front desk staff nice stay free breakfast one night stay staff was friendly a great place to stay breakfast was excellent would stay again excellent customer service starbucks walmart clerk bedding
Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

Ok. I’d read some reviews mentioning lack of housekeeping oversight and evidence of mold.
So , as a Platinum Elite member I called and made clear my misgivings about booking but was assured that :
1). The rooms are carefully cleaned and.
2). The Manager would contact me right away. ( weeks later and more assurances , I’ve yet to hear back. )
So .... after a long tiring day of travel, we arrived , and after a short wait , a somewhat disinterested desk clerk informed me our room was ready. We always try to do a quick overview and entered a freezing cold room ! All else SEEMED ok so I turned off the AC and went to park the car and for our luggage. Was less than 10-15 minutes before I returned to a TERRIBLE , moldy , musty , mildewy odor that made my eyes tear. WTH?
Too tired to see other lodging and past the cancellation time of course , the clerk , somewhat apologetic offered us a different room that we checked out . It also seemed clean and lacked the horrible odor so after dinner it was off to sleep. Didn’t last long. I woke with a terrible headache and congestion and couldn’t explain it.
Till I accidentally but fairly easily discovered the large mold spot on the inside of the sink ! Yuck !
I felt sick for a few days after .
So , I brought it to the attention of the hotel manager and never got a reply. I contacted IHG customer care and while I did get a token “ points credit “ I was genuinely concerned for the health and safety of other guests and staff. IHG customer service even indicated that they had requested hotel management to contact me . Still waiting weeks later.
My advise is to be VERY WARY - VERY CAREFUL and consider staying elsewhere for sure.
This is a last ditch attempt to have mgt. contact me to discuss what steps have been taken to correct this lack of proper cleaning and possible health and safety hazard.
If you or your kids are sensitive to mold ..... BEWARE!
I hate to post such a bad review as the room and property in general seemed basically clean .
What angered my wife and I most is the apparent lack of concern and failure of managment to contact me as promised.
kaw.
TN

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2017

Hi kaw54realestate,

Thank you for your patronage as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite member and for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our property particularly with the overall cleanliness and condition of our rooms as well as the lack of response from our management team. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed November 20, 2017

I stayed for a night on business trip, hotel was convenient with restaurants around and staff was helpful. breakfast was good in morning. It is behind starbucks. i missed the signage on the main road and had to come around.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2017

This was a very good HIE. Very comfortable, good breakfast, kind and helpful staff and all around pleasant. Would definitely come back if I am in this area again. Well maintained and clean. Fire alarm went off and everyone was evacuated outside. Turns out someone took shower without turning on vent and set off the alarm system.
Dumb guest but certainly not the hotel's fault.
Will be back hopefully soon

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

I arrived around 10:45pm was checked in by a gentleman and very nice lady. Wish I️ could remember their names. Both was very helpful. The lobby was beautiful, room very clean, comfortable beds, continental breakfast was delicious. We had requested a cot, the lady took the time to look in several places to locate us one. But unfortunately, they was all taken. I️ really appreciated her effort.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2017

Hotel was clean and in a good area with lots of shopping and restaurants. New bed was advertised in the room. Breakfast area is very small but had a nice variety. Sitting area out back was relaxing and quiet. Room was very quiet, we were down the hall away from the elevators. I would stay again and redo,mend t family and friends.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from th elevator if you want quiet.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple