All reviews room was clean bedroom area shopping and restaurants front desk staff nice stay breakfast buffet one night stay staff was friendly excellent customer service would stay again in town cookies starbucks walmart clerk bedding
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Every staff member we interacted with was polite and helpful. The hotel is older but they have done a good job or remodeling. Adding some additional outlets and our USB plugs would be great. Also beware things get nasty under the granite counter tops and sink! The woman working the breakfast was wonderful She never stopped moving and kept things supplied. I would go there again!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Front desk staff was friendly and efficient. Hotel was apparently overbooked and we were asked to downgrade for a lower price. Liked our view of trees from our window. Room was well appointed. Bedroom area appeared updated. Bathroom could use some attention. Floor in bathroom had something pinkish spilled on it and hadn't been cleaned, but we just wet some toilet paper and cleaned it up rather than wait for someone to come. There was no bedding in the room for the pull out, but when we requested it, it came fairly quickly. Outdoor pool and seating area were very nice. Breakfast had a decent variety and met our needs.

Room tip: I liked our room with tree view
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Stayed here for one night; Check in was quick, easy and staff was friendly and welcoming. The room was clean, however, there was a "mildew" type smell that I noticed upon entering. The room did have a refrigerator, and microwave which is a plus, but I would love to see outlets next to the bed to charge my phone. Bathroom had plenty of counter space, and towels were clean and soft. Breakfast buffet was included with lots of options, however, seating was very limited. Location of property is good with plenty of options within walking distance. Starbucks right in front of the property and a Walmart across the street.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

So we booked a suite a month ago for the five of us. When we arrived at about 8:00pm , guess what they gave away our room! Great concept, you make a reservation , and they charge you if you don’t show or cancel too late , but they aren’t responsible if they don’t!

They gave us a room that would not accommodate my party (no cot even) for free that night, and offered a discounted rate the rest of the stay (as it was a smaller room than what we booked and because of inconvenience).

We checked into the room and it was pretty gross, tub was peeling away and there was a red stain on sheets. They brought me new sheets for me to change the bed, but did eventually give us a new room.

New room’s tub was not peeling too small still for our party. Air conditioning did not work great , toilet would intermittently run all night. Never enough towels (always had to ask). We decided to stay rooms as it was the devil we knew.

What was particularly disappointing however was that one night my son threw up in the bathroom (hit floor toilet and tub). We went to the lobby and the attendant said he was new and did not know where anything really was (we gave us some air freshener). I cleaned up what I could with the towels. The next day I informed a housekeeper and the front desk and asked if they could please ensure the bathroom was cleaned thoroughly, especially those areas). There was still stains on tub, floor, and toilet including a chunk left by toilet base. They clearly cleaned nothing (the fact that they don’t clean is why he likely got sick in the first place!). As I could tell how inept they were luckily I had picked up Lysol disnefectant wipes while I was out during the day. I informed the main manager the next day , and she said she would check on housekeeping , (no mention of any discount whatsoever).

Last but not least, the morning we were leaving I saw that they did not honor the discount that Joshua had originally promised me he would of $94 per night. It is three in the morning and we were leaving at 6:30 and as such nobody is able to assist me (the front desk guy said he would call Joshua at six , but I am not counting on it.

The cinnamon rolls were good in the morning. However, the hotel room is generally pretty filthy and not cleaned right (even if you specifically ask two staff members to!), as such I would strongly suggest you avoid this place.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Joshua R
Reviewed May 1, 2018

Our family rented two rooms the night of April 21. Had to rise VERY early to go on a chartered fishing trip. When I made the reservations, I specifically asked for QUIET ROOMS. The request was honored. Rooms were quiet and allowed us to sleep well.
The morning of the fishing trip, we departed before the breakfast buffet opened. However, the lovely woman in charge of the buffet allowed us to come in before opening to grab a few items for our early departure.
All the staff members were exceptionally pleasant and helpful. The efforts of the staff at this Holiday Inn Express allowed our fishing trip to begin smoothly.

Date of stay: April 2018