“Watch for new name, Camden West Inn”

Camden West Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lugoff
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Another name change, from Quality Inn to Camden West Inn. Change will probably take place in March.

Room Tip: ask for down and out
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ralph L

Reviewed 25 October 2011

“Very Nice Hotel”

My family and i stayed here labor day weekend ,we had a great time.The rooms
were very comfotable.The front desk was helpfull.The continental breakfast was tasty as well .I would stay here again a nice experience.My wife and i loved there kareokei night at the bar name PLUMS it was a blast. i love travel to the Lugoff area ffrom time to time .We will see you all again soon.Thanks for making our experience away from home plesent.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike J
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My family and i stayed here the weekend of the fourth of July,we had a great time.The room s were clean and comfortable.The front desk staff was pleasant and very helpful.The continental breakfast was hot and tasty .I would stay here again a nice experience.My family and i travel to the Lugoff area three to four times a year.We will see you all again for Thanksgiving.Thanks for making our home away experience feel like home.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2011

If you liked the original Holiday Inn's with the open courtyard pool and gardens, you will love this place. Nicely maintained, good internet, basic breakfast and very reasonably priced.
In a day where Sleep Inn's are going for $80 a night, its refreshing to find a nice place to stay for much less. Three things to keep in mind; Its not a Comfort Suites, the price is right, bring sunscreen for the pool deck.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I recenty stayed here for the weekend with my sister-in-law. We were in town for a graduation. The first room we were given was dirty, falling apart and smelled like urine. The 2nd room we were given was better, but not great. It was a very warm weekend,but we were unable to use the pool. It was filthy!! Filled with bugs, cigarette butts, etc. We complained several times. Each time, someone came and just added chlorine. They never skimmed or vacuumed the pool. So for the entire HOT weekend, we couldn't even enjoy the pool. We chose this place because they had a pool, and we never even used it. The first night we returned to our room, we were locked out. The battery went dead in the electronic card key. It took and while, but finally someone came with a key and let us in. we were then given the adjoining room in order to get in and out since the card key wouldn't work and nobody knew how to change the battery. The next night, 2 other guests were given a card key to our room!!!! Thankfully,we were there!! If we weren't, then strangers would have entered our room!!! They never fixed the card key-oh well! They screwed up the credit card charges upon check out!! Since my nephew graduated, there is no reason for me ever to go back there! This was the worst place I have ever stayed. The Quality Inn is lacking quality!!!

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank petethepelican
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I have stayed at this "hotel" many times and lately it has turned into a total dump. The hotel has an onsite bar, and you can expect a lot of noise through out the night no matter what part of the week you stay. You can expect to be constantly awaken by drunk people yelling knocking on wrong doors, loud conversations etc... The rooms are run down and filthy. I recently had a problem and the management seemed to care less. I would defiantly not recommend this dump especially to family's, unless your looking to party and don't care about the room conditions

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank CaptainDees
Reviewed 11 May 2009

Stay as far away from this dump as you can. This place is one of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had. The rooms are dirty and the cleaning staff doesn’t speak English so you can’t tell them what needs attention. Two of the three bulbs were burned out over the sink and it took days to get them replaced despite numerous calls to the front desk. The free internet service was extremely slow when it worked, which it often didn’t. And don’t get me started on their free continental breakfast. The cheapskate who manages this hotel doesn’t even provide fruit, let alone a useful breakfast bar. Minimal choices of stale food is not my idea of breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank Solvay-Traveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lugoff
4.3 km away
22.0 km away
Hampton Inn Columbia I-20 / Clemson Road
38.4 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbia/At Fort Jackson

Been to Camden West Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!