“Perfect stay!”
Review of Shem Creek Inn

Shem Creek Inn
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed on the harbor side with excellent view of the water. Late season and rates were very good. Outdoor pool, indoor restaurant and outside bar with boardwalk around area to other points of interest. Room was clean and modern - liked the free cold adult beverage on check inn. Small free breakfast also included.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Jordan B, Manager at Shem Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your excellent feedback Jamie! We are so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! We love the fact that you loved the cold adult beverage at check in, it's what separates us from the rest! We hope to see you again in the future and thank you for choosing the Shem Creek Inn!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is located directly on Shem Creek with walking access to a very nice raised platform walkway through the marsh. I would recommend visiting Shem Creek Park and staying someplace else. The hotel just did a renovation according to there website but it was very basic. We were greeted by a not so friendly person that gave me my room key. When we entered our room and saw the basic nature based on the price and heard the very loud noises bouncing above our heads and the loud band coming from the bar outside we knew we made a mistake staying here. I went back to the front desk to ask for another room based on the loud noise and of course I was told there were known available in my price category. The other side of the hotel faced the parking lot but I guess since it was quiet I would have to pay more. Oh well all I can do is warn people not to stay here. Stay someplace else in the area the cost you much less and receive more. I'm not a fan of the chains like Holiday Inn express and those places but they would be a better choice than this place.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback Scott! We would like to sincerely apologize for some of the issues you had experienced while staying with us. I will be sure to speak to my guest services team to make sure a situation like this does not happen again. We do apologize if you felt like the area around the hotel was a bit noisy, the weekends are the busiest not only for us, but for the whole area itself since we are in such a convenient location. We do hope we get another chance to provide you with a better experience in the future. Please do not hesitate to call us if you would like to speak to us in further detail about your stay. Thanks again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staff was friendly, the location is perfect, the rooms were clean, and the price is reasonable - considering it's Charleston. The Shem creek area is a very chill location in Mt. Pleasant, minutes from Sullivan's island beach and downtown Charleston, but the whole area feels like it's own relaxing coastal town. The restaurants are pretty good, and the shem creek park is lovely. The hotel is well maintained. There is a bit of a smell to the entire place, but I've been coming to Charleston for over a decade and I've never really stayed in a place that didn't have "that smell" - I think it's just a bit more prominent since this hotel is right on the water. The breakfast is similar to any continental breakfast at other hotel chains, everything was basic but tasted good. The King room we stayed in had a comfortable bed, plenty of space for our belongings and a great shower. I would have enjoyed the balcony more if the furniture had been a bit larger and plusher, but overall no complaints.

Stayed: November 2017

Thank you for your feedback Joanna! We are so pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. We always love hearing how our guests enjoy the convenience and location of our property. We're so glad that you enjoyed everything and we hope to see you again in the near future! Thank you for choosing the Shem Creek Inn!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If booking was an experience then the stay should be amazing!

Im not sure how many resorts get reviews before they actually stay at a location, but if the stay is 1/2 as "Pleasant" as the customer service & willingness to go beyond to make sure our stay is an experience, then I can't wait to visit again already. Amber (I believe her name was) insured just that. Looking forward to a great stay at this unique Inn with Resort level customer service.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your excellent feedback Delvin! We are so happy that Amber was able to assist you in making a reservation with us and we can't wait to see you! I will let her know that you mentioned her in your feedback and praise her for her excellent hospitality! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Shem Creek Inn was the perfect place for boyfriend and I to stay for our fishing trip over Veteran's Day weekend! The rooms (which appear to be recently renovated) are spacious and clean, and we had a great view of Shem Creek from our 2nd floor balcony. Check-in was hassle free (bonus: they even gave us a free beer at check-in; yay!) and the staff was courteous and helpful. Shem Creek Inn is within an easy walking distance of several restaurants and bars in Mount Pleasant. Bonus: they gave us a coupon to Water's Edge Restaurant (next door to the inn) for a free appetizer w/ the purchase of an entree. Though, if you want to eat somewhere in Charleston (we ate at Magnolia's on Bay St our first night since it is my favorite Charleston restaurant), the inn is just a short Uber ride (or drive if you prefer) into Charleston. We will definitely stay at here again for any future trips to the Mount Pleasant/Charleston area! There is a free breakfast included. It isn't much, but it was sufficient for my needs. One of my favorite things about this inn is that the room had BOTH a mini-fridge AND a microwave! I feel as though almost everywhere I stay has either one or the other, but not both. This was a major perk for me, as I always order a TON of food when dining at my favorite restaurants, can never eat it all, and like to bring home leftovers to have later. In this inn, I could easily do that!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your excellent feedback Penny! We are so pleased to hear that we were able to provide you and your boyfriend the perfect place for your fishing trip over Veteran's Day weekend! Thank you for mentioning how courteous are staff was! I'd be more than happy to let them know you mentioned them in your review and praise them for their excellent hospitality. We love hearing all of these compliments from our guests and so happy to learn that you will definitely stay here again with us. We can't wait to see you again and hopefully it's sooner rather than later! Thanks again for everything!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel was very quiet. Even offered a free breakfast that included eggs, bacon, etc. which we didn't expect. The location was right on the harbor and very convenient to Charleston and surrounding places of interest.

Stayed: November 2017

Thank you for your excellent feedback Terry! We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! We agree that our location is fantastic and convenient to downtown Charleston. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had originally booked a beach front hotel for our trip, but it was damaged by the hurricane and closed during our vacation. A friend suggested we book Shem Creek Inn, and we are so happy we did. It's such a cute, quaint hotel. We loved the free beer at check in, and I really liked the fruit water in the lobby as well. My kids loved watching the creek from our balcony, and Amber showed my daughter the trick to seeing dolphins (watch the shrimp boats). We loved the location of the hotel too. My only complaint is that the bathroom could use a few more towel hooks, but we made do. We will be back for sure!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Jordan B, Manager at Shem Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your excellent feedback! We are so pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us and that your kids were able to witness the many dolphins swimming in the creek! That's always a wonderful experience. Thanks for mentioning the small issue you had with the lack of towel hooks in your bathroom. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel so we appreciate the feedback. We're happy to hear that you will be visiting us again in the future and we hope it's sooner rather than later! Thanks again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pleasant
8.7 km away
Seaside Inn
Seaside Inn
#4 of 5 in Isle of Palms

Been to Shem Creek Inn? Share your experiences!