All reviews downtown charleston bedroom property housekeeping bridge
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Although the property is new, I was not impressed with the front desk staff. Unprofessional, lacking knowledge of local attractions! When I called the hotel directly, staffs “intro” was Hi, this is ... ! That was it. Didn’t seem qualified, unintelligent.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank L2TRAVELCNM
Travel822098, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Charleston - Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Passenger824371,

Thank you for your feedback!
I am sorry to hear that you were unimpressed by our front desk staff.
We pride ourselves on our service, and have plenty of maps and attraction information upon request at the desk.
Please contact me directly next time, and I would be more than happy to help you plan out your trip!

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

We came to the area for a long weekend. Overall the stay was very pleasant. The front desk staff was helpful. We noted Sierra to be very patient and courteous with all guests. The rooms were comfortable and attractive. The bed was comfortable but on the firm side. There were two issues which prevented this from being 5 stars. The first was the $75 hold on the credit card for “incidentals“. I have never been required to do this and we were told there is no way of telling when the hold would be removed. The other was limited housekeeping. We were told we would have housekeeping only on weekdays without a special request. We were omitted completely on Friday so requested service on Saturday. On Saturday we got our bed made and they took our bath mat. No new bath mat and no towel replacements. The breakfast was standard and we enjoyed the outdoor fire pit. We would consider staying here again.

1  Thank bonitaa392

Bonita A,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback!
I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. We are lucky to have people like Sierra be a part of our team!

The incidental hold is a common practice that assures us that the funds are there in the event that something gets charged to the room.
We release this hold upon check out, and it typically takes 3-5 business days for the funds to reflect back on to your account (depending on your bank).
Our housekeeping services are available by request on weekends, as we are an extended stay property.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future!
Contact me directly the next time you stay in Charleston, and I will make sure your stay is above and beyond expectations!

Reviewed October 21, 2018

This is a very new property and most convenient. It is located at the base of the Arthur Ravenal Bridge in Mount Pleasant. Very easy to navigate to downtown Charleston and to the beaches. The staff was very welcoming and our Suite was perfect for the two of us. The community dining area is very large and comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay while visiting Charleston and the beaches.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Travel822098, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Charleston - Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2018

Kelley M,

Thank you for your response!
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and amenities.
We take pride in our quality of service and try our best to make every guest experience an excellent one!
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 17, 2018

Made a reservation. Got a confirmation email over a month ahead. Arrived to find reservation canceled. Front desk couldn’t fix issue. Took 6 different people and 4 phone calls to get it fixed over an hour later. While waiting another couple arrived and had the same problem. Finally we get a room and walk in to find it hasn’t even been cleaned. Bed stripped with sheets on the floor. I travel a lot and Staybridge has always been my favorite hotel. This one managed to totally ruin that preference.

Room tip: Choose a different hotel
1  Thank Jeff B
Travel822098, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Charleston - Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2018

Jeff B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate any and all feedback.
I am disappointed to hear about your time with us.
Although the glitch in the system caused the delay at check-in, I am pleased to know that we were able to resolve both issues.
We would, however, appreciate a second chance to meet your expectations.
If you decide to come back to Charleston, we would love the opportunity to "wow" you!

Reviewed October 15, 2018

The hotel is very new and nice. The rooms do need some construction clean-ups from the messiness of paint drips, etc. but the hotel itself was clean and fresh, and the staff all very friendly. We had a very good breakfast and a nice kitchenette in our room. My 2 complaints were they need better windows on the highway side because it was SUPER LOUD TRAFFIC. I went and bought earplugs. And the paint drips on door frames and the shower stall were annoying because it initially made me think the room wasn't clean, although it was very clean.

Room tip: Choose the parking lot side
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

MikSis3,

Thank you for your review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.
We are extremely proud of the housekeeping team we have, and are lucky to have such an excellent staff.
Enjoy the rest of your day, and we hope to see you again!