“A Mount Pleasant Must!”
Review of Bambu

Bambu
Ranked #100 of 354 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Simmons St
Description: Mount Pleasant’s best spot for exciting Asian cuisine, sushi and cocktails has become the place to be for locals and visiting guests alike. Inside, whimsical jellyfish lights hang from the ceiling, expert sushi chefs work steadily to prepare intriguing rolls and sashimi as guests chat at the grand bar stocked with top-shelf liquor, favorite beers on tap and a variety of high-end Sake. The Lowcountry’s most alluring patio is the crown jewel of Bambu. Partially enclosed for both hot days and cool nights, patrons feel they have been transported to paradise, all the while feeling right at home. The Koi pond, open community tables, intimate booths and outdoor bar create a fun, relaxed atmosphere that is second to none. The menu is decidedly contemporary casual Thai and Japanese with other Asian influences. Don't miss their amazing happy hour at their bar all week long and a "Ladies Night" on Thursdays. Open nightly at 4pm. Dinner service at 5pm.
Reviewed February 18, 2015

It's a quiet, hidden away asian restaurant that has become my favorite. I have the Bamboo Bowl with tofu. It is scrumptious. My husband gets General Tsao chicken and loves it. We can only eat half and take the other as leftovers. Oh...you must try the Chinese Donuts! They are hot and served with warm honey on the side. The service is incredible. Just dont tell everyone about them - I'd hate to have to wait in line.

Reviewed January 19, 2015

We had a Gropon to try this Sushi and Hibachi restaurnat and was not disappointed, but will have to drive 15 min across the river from Charleston to find the restaurant located at the end of a strip mall to appreciate the décor and menu. The service was quick and friendly even through we were there midweek for lunch during the ‘slower’ winter season. There is a very large outdoor side patio with a fire pit and very popular Kareoki stage with live band when the patio is opened between March-Oct.

The menu includes a variety of Asian dishes along with Japanese and Sushi dishes with a large selection of hot and cold sake. I had the chicken habachi lunch special and found the chicken slightly overcooked and dry, while my friend found his PadThai nicedly spiced after he asked if the ‘hot Thai seasoning’ be toned down. This is a nice stop and on the same route if you're traveling to/from Sullivan's Island and Charleston.

Reviewed January 11, 2015

I stopped in after perusing Bottles liquor store next door, and asked if they had any vegan options... The two people I spoke with were very friendly and accommodating, and said they can surely veganize some of the basic dishes. I ended up only trying the veggie roll (avocado, cucumber and asparagus) which was delicious. And it was only $4 as it was happy hour. Bonus! I would def. go back to sample more. The ambience was also very cool, for a shopping plaza place. They have a big nice bar, big enough to feel comfortable eating at as a solo diner without rubbing elbows with your neighbor. The lighting and decor was modern and relaxing.

Reviewed January 8, 2015

We have tried so many times to give this place a shot? The service is mediocre, it's a little "dented around the edge's," if you get what I mean and the sushi's better just down the road in a much older building. Keep driving-

1  Thank Louis Y
Reviewed September 23, 2014

we went to Bambu for lunch in Mt. Pleasant and boy were we surprised.
The shopping center that the restaurant is in has a Mexican restaurant and a wings restaurant. We are so happy we picked Bambu for our lunch. We are first time visitors, just visiting the area.
My wife had the Ninja roll and the Philly roll while I had the Bambu bowl. Of course we sampled each others.
We are thoroughly pleased with our visit and with the quality of the food, couldn't have been better.
Beautifully decorated inside.