All reviews hi express front desk presidential suite cinnamon rolls isle of palms patriots point across the bridge whole foods would stay here again waterfront park staff was friendly biscuits and gravy shem creek minute drive beds were very comfortable free breakfast convenient location
Reviewed June 22, 2016

Two bed Room was roomy, beds were comfortable, it has a refrigerator, rooms were clean. There were ample luggage carts in the lobby. There were several pillows to chose from. We did not go swimming but the pool looked clean. It was real large but big enough to get cool.

Room tip: Stay away from elevators
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank beachbumm1232015
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2016

Thank you so much for being our guest. I do hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed June 22, 2016

Great location, convenient to downtown, the beaches, and a grocery store. The staff was very kind. Nice pool, VERY clean rooms, and wonderful breakfast. Will not stay anywhere else. I arrived early and called the hotel to see if a room would be ready. As soon as I showed up, they already had me keyed and ready to go. Stayed on the pool side and never heard anybody splashing around. Large bathrooms and good sized bedrooms. Microwave and refrigerator in the rooms - Very happy.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Erin S

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your time with us. I do hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed June 22, 2016

I've stayed at this Holiday Inn 3 or 4 times now over the past 15 months for both business and pleasure. I love it's location and the ease of driving into Charleston or over to Isle of Palms and all the dining nearby. BUT it seems every visit there is a significant snafu, like the front desk clerk being an apathetic jerk, the morning breakfast staff being overwhelmed due to understaffing, or cleaning issues. This trip it was the fact that my room was neither vaccumed nor cleaned outside of making the beds and fresh towels/toiletries for 3 DAYS, despite the fact I LEFT A TIP for housekeeping. Plus there were 2 nasty sticky old spots of gum on the room carpet. Not to mention the first evening we checked in the pool was so dirty you couldn't swim in it (we never went back to see if it got cleaned).
Frankly, I lay these issues at the feet on management. Either hire enough staff to maintain your property properly, or pay them enough to care, or monitor their performance. Or better yet, all three. When I stay at peak season for $250/night at a lower end hotel chain I expect my room to be cleaned. Every. Day. I will be back in Charleston on business again this October, and despite the location advantages of this hotel, I will likely stay somewhere else.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experienc

Reviewed June 19, 2016

Before continuing, I want to give KUDOS to Christian (he pronounced "Cris-chee-IN) who got us into our room early because we had to get ready for an early wedding event and 3:00 would have been very late! He was so so nice...such a sweet young man. I cannot thank him enough!!!
Review:
Went down to Charleston for 1 night for a wedding. This was one of the hotels they booked for guests. Since I have stayed in HI Expresses before, I decided to stay here. I love that they have queen beds instead of doubles, the beds are clean and so soft and comfortable. They don't have window unit air conditioners, so it is quiet. And the bathroom is so big! The only drawback was at breakfast when they didn't have hot chocolate to drink if you don't drink coffee. I wish we could have stayed another night because the rate and the comfort/convenience of this hotel is superb! When we were checking out, I saw them taking comforters off of the beds and putting them in their carts...which means they wash them! What a nice thing to see!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank kht4unc
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2016

Reviewed June 14, 2016

Holy Smokes! Way to loud! It didn't matter if it was late in the evening or during the day. There were constantly doors slamming. When I checked in, I didn't get a receipt. Normally the last night that we stay somewhere there is a receipt slipped under the door at night, that didn't happen either. I find that to be a poor practice. Location was pretty good. We were fairly close to Isle of Palms and Sullivan's Island. Can't wait to go back but we won't be staying at this hotel.

Room tip: I can tell you don't go to the second floor. I have no clue about any other room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2016

Ms. Wolgamott-

I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. I do apologize if other guests were slamming doors. Unfortunately we can't always control how hard someone closes their door. You did not receive a receipt because you paid through Expedia.com so they should have emailed you a receipt. I do hope you will stay with us again in the future.