“Great Sushi and Option for those with Shellfish Allergies”
Review of Tokyo Bistro

Tokyo Bistro
Ranked #119 of 354 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed July 28, 2016

I love this place and eat here (dine-in or delivery) at least once a month. They have a great Fusion Menu with lots of options! They are very friendly and after you go a couple times they always remember you and treat you like family. One of my favorite aspects about this location is the fact that they have fried tempura chicken sushi. Even though I love shellfish, I'm allergic and can't have it, so it's great having additional protein options for sushi like Chicken instead of just boring vegetables. I always order the Spicy Asparagus Roll and the Chicken Tempura Roll. Their lunchboxes are a great value and give a little bit of everything. Another secret menu item is the Japanese Red Bean Ice Cream. You can get as Mochi but I always ask for the ice cream by itself. It's delicious and refreshing after a great meal. They also have good drink specials and Sushi specials. One of the best deals during the day is the Maki Lunch where you combine 2 or 3 sushi sets for almost half the price and it comes with soup or salad. I love this place so much I actually had my birthday here once a couple years ago and reserved the private table in the back. It was great. If you're looking for great priced food with lots of options that everyone will enjoy prepared and served by genuinely great people, this is the place to go. I've never left or ordered from this place disappointed in over the last 5 years (maybe more) since I started going here. Great for friends, families with kids, and even business meetings!!

Reviewed July 15, 2016

Having lived in MP for 6 years we are strong fans of Tokyo Bistro. Obviously we have many choices regarding restaurants and sushi restaurants more specifically in Charleston etc. We travel extensively and will spare you the sushi restaurants et al and places we've been.

Tokyo Bistro is Not an establishment intended to impress visitors from China. It is simply put a Very solid sushi restaurant with reasonable value and price, particularly in the Charleston marketplace.

It fascinates me to read reviews from people who approach the experience as they would going into Nobu or other semi world class restaurants (depending on your your frame of reference). Been there. Check the prices - Tokyo Bistro provides solid, good to very good, sushi period. Anderson, who seems to be there night and day has always been extremely attentive and focused on details He is an example of the quality that Tokyo Bistro delivers.

Icing on the cake is that they have a Delivery service that brings their sushi right to you in the Charleston/Mount Pleasant area. We have Never ordered sushi delivery anywhere in the world except here. It works. Believe it and take a deep breath. it's good to great.

Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

I brought in some native Chinese business partners for dinner while traveling the east coast. Not much atmosphere for a Thursday night during prime dinner hours. Sushi was good but not quite as fresh as expected being so close to the ocean. Need to work a bit on service of the wait staff. For a large group in a fairly empty restaurant, we weren't tended to very well at all.

Reviewed April 20, 2016

Great service. Do not order the hibachi filet - it's not filet and most of mine was gristle and chewy. The beef lo mein was on point. Crab Rangoon was crispy, hot and fresh. The kids enjoyed their meals.

Reviewed April 16, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I came for lunch. We shared a spicy salmon roll for an appetizer. The flavor was great, but seaweed was very chewy, which was disappointing.

My wife ordered the filet minion and chicken hibachi and I ordered the filet minion and shrimp hibachi. Mine came as a filet minion and chicken hibachi, so they recovered quickly and brought out 3 pieces of shrimp.

The quantity, preparation and presentation were all a 8 out of 10. The quality of the filet and chicken were a 2 out of 10. Every piece of filet I had, except 1 had so much fat on it, that I couldn't eat it. If they spent a little more money on the quality and preparation of their meats, they would have gotten a 5 out of 5 from me.

Service was above average, which I was greatful for!