New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #20 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Durant, Oklahoma
“Better than expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

As a Starwood platinum guest, I redeemed points for our stay at the hotel.I read many reviews of the Sheraton Broadway Plantation resort on Tripadvisor before booking my stay. I was somewhat skeptical because even though many said it was a good hotel and vacation spot, some that had a bad experience were very vocal. I am happy to say that I was one in the majority that had a fabulous time at the hotel. The check-in experience was pleasant and the staff was always courteous. The villa was absolutely wonderful. Clean, roomy, and the bed was comfortable as I aways find the Sheraton's beds. Maybe the rooms that have not yet been renovated leave something to be desired, but we could not have ask for better accommodations. We are already planning next year's trip back to Myrtle Beach to stay at the Sheraton!

Room Tip: We had a second floor room in building 19 at the back of the property.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
jbarattu, Manager at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
Thank you for your review of your stay with us . We also would like to thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood family. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comment on the renovation is correct. We are currently in the process of renovating our rooms and we are very excited about the process. We look forward to your return stay with us . thank you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
syracuse,ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

IAs a Starwood owner, I traded time at my home resort for Myrtle Beach. Below are pros and cons of this resort.

Pros- near beach, gated entry, friendly and helpful staff, nicely kept grounds, nice large pool areas, minature golf course, volleyball court, near "Broadway at the Beach", an entertainment and shopping area, clean

Cons- not on beach, units need updating (they are beginning to do this), across from high school, can get noisy on game nights, old tvs, whirlpool bath in bedroom, shower dated and has no shelves, no restaurant on grounds

Room Tip: Try to get a unit away from the highway and high school
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank lakers69
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

We stayed at Sheraton broadway in Myrtle Beach Oct 8,2011. The bed in building 2 room 235 is what I would expect in a low quality hotel. I called guest services and they sent Rick to our room to look at the bed. We were told the room was old and needed renovations.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
jbarattu, Manager at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, 10 October 2011
On behalf of the Management team here at Sheraton Broadway Plantation , we would like to thank you for completing your review on Trip advisor . We pride ourselves on providing relaxing ,satisfying vacation experiences . We are in the process of renovating all of our rooms from top to bottom. We are replacing everything in the room from carpets to bedding and much more. We apologize if your stay was not up to par but rest assured that you will have a greaqt experience in the future. Thank you again and will see you on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

I am an SVO owner at another resort, and chose Sheraton Broadway Plantation for our vacation week this year to accomodate my parents who wanted something within driving distance. After reserving our week, I read more of the reviews posted to this site and had some concerns. All of which turned out to be unfounded.

We checked in at 5:30pm on a Friday and the entire process took less than 10 minutes; lobby staff were pleasant and interactive but efficient. Later in the week I called down to ask about local drugstores (I was sick) and got a call the next day inquiring as to whether I was feeling any better. During one of the thunderstorms (the only downside to our vacation week!) our television stopped working, and it was only about 20 minutes from our call that a repairman was knocking on our door with a new set.

The 2 bedroom villa was roomy and although I was told later that it was in one of the older, not-yet-renovated bulidings (bulding 14), it looked freshly painted and the appliances in the kitchen were brand-spanking new. I actually thought it was a newly renovated villa! There was no musty smell, no evidence of any wear and tear except for a few scuff marks where the tv's had rubbed against the AV units when placed there. Two large bedrooms, two baths, one walk in shower all in pristine condition. 4th floor screened balcony was clean and no evidence of any insects (likely from the top floor location.) The villa living room had a vaulted ceiling with sky-lights which really opened the place up and helped increase the apparent size. Overall very pleased with the room.

The resort was busy but not too busy (last week of September) and we never heard any tramsmitted noise from other villas. Our building overlooked the lake, not the pool, so that may have helped with the noise level. Always found a parking space right near the elevator. Can't beat the convenience for attractions, food, etc., and although it would have been nice to be oceanfront, it's a quick drive down to the beach/boardwalk.

I participated in the usual owner review and had a nice conversation, didn't feel pressured. So overall no complaints, just positives. Was looking for a quiet, comfortable and peaceful place to relax that had options for activities, and this fit the bill nicely. I would absolutely return again. Having seen the kids pool and lazy river, I'm eager to bring the younger ones in my family.

Room Tip: Upper floors avoid any insect activity from outside, which I understand is an issue. They do have h...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank THartsell
thank you for your most recent review of the Sheraton Broadway Plantation. We try and make every guests stay a memorable one and we pride ourselves on delivering great experiences. We are in the process of renovating 344 of our villas and they will be finished in May 2012. We thank you and we will look forward to having you stay with us in the future. Thank You
Carlisle, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

This was our 1st time staying at a Sheraton and we were very surprised. This was our 2nd vacation using our time share and we were comparing it to the Westin. What a surprise we had. The room was a joke and I am very surprised that they would give these rooms out to people. The room smelled, the wall paper was falling off the walls, the fridge had a bad seal, our kids pull out mattress was nothing but springs and we heard water run every time the air unit turned on. We spent 1 day at the pool area and were very impressed. My kids enjoyed the kids pool, the slide and the lazy pool. After being there a week I complained to the front desk the night before we left. I wanted to thank Beneka Smith, Manager and Michael Ball because I was not a happy camper when I walked in the lobby. They were both very helpful in calming me down and telling me helpful hints about the whole time share thing and what we can do next time to avoid this type of room. It is because of them that we will be coming back to this resort in the future. Thanks again Beneka and Michael!! One suggestion regarding the kids activities...have more of a selection! How about having one that the kids can bob for soda's in the pool, have a treasure hunt, maybe being able to decorate cookies etc.

Room Tip: Avoid building 1, 2, 3 & 4 until they have been completely redone!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank BillieKoonsLau
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

Central location. Nice property -plenty to do. Rooms nice except noise from floor above was very loud. Nicely furnished. Service very good. Landscaping good. Clean

• Stayed September 2011
East Berlin, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

My parents purchase their first week sight unseen with only a prototype layout. While they aren't thrilled with some of the ownership changes the property itself is always in excellent condition. Our rooms have always been clean and if we find a leak or something doesn't work properly we call and they are there to fix it promptly. It was nice to hear that they are starting to update the original buildings this year.

This year a friend of mine and I came down a few days earlier and instead of spending the money to stay here we stayed Oceanfront. While being oceanfront has the benefits of the beach and the sunrise, it just wasn't the Broadway Plantation.

Call me spoiled but I'm glad my parents invested in this property!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family