“A Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #63 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Ottawa, Canada
“A Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

Our stay at this property was comfortable. This was on the night that Hurricane Irene was passing through MB.

Despite a momentary power failure during the night and some rather noisy guests staying on our floor, the sleep was good.

This is a typical mid-level Marriott property. Amenities and furnishings were appropriate for the price-point. Free internet and parking. A buffet is available ($8.95 hot; $5.95 continental) that was adequate.

Staff were all very friendly. Hotel was fairly clean and presentable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VACanuck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

Our room was very clean, spacious, cool, and the bed was very comfortable and huge. We had a balcony room with the front view form the room, it was pretty nice.
The breakfast was decent, I think it would of been better if they had something different everyday or to change it up a bit.
Location; location was good, a bit far from 'broadway at the beach" about 10 miles or 15 mins drive but for the most part we were in the center of everything. No problems getting around or fincdng the hotel.
Check in and check out was quick and easy. Even gave us an extra hour for check out so kudos to the receptionist.
Overall everything was good for the price! No problems, clean hotel and staff friendly.
will def stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

My wife and I went to Myrtle Beach to enjoy some activities with our middle school daughter. We stayed at this property because I was able to use points for three free nights. I have to say that paying for it would have been worth the money. Courtyards are not luxury properties, but we were treated as if we stayed at one. From the free cookies in the evening that my chocoholic daughter nearly swallowed whole, to the suggestions for dinner and breakfast, the staff was wonderful. We're a "cleaning" family, that is, we clean every hotel we stay with our own disinfectant and bleach. Hey, blame it on Dateline, but no matter if it's a "W" hotel, or a road-side stop for a bit of sleep, we clean. But we didn't need to since our room was great. (we cleaned anyway, but not because it needed it)

We opted out of the breakfast. While just $9, we thought we could do better outside, and we did, at one of the gazillion pancake houses along Hwy 17.

The one place that we were misled, was the Pirate's Voyage adventure. This is a new attraction from the Dolly Parton company. Not worth the money at all. Average chicken alongside a slice of rib on a stick. The show was average, so the cost of $137 for the three of us was about $70 too much. On top of that, the whole set up is a cash magnet. My daughter wanted a some water before the main event and the lady at the bar grudgingly gave her a cup, telling her that "We usually only sell bottled water." Water? C'mon folks.

As always while in Myrtle, we visited MagiQuest. It's our favorite attraction besides the beach itself. everyone, no matter how old (I'd say six years is a good start of you're a patient parent) should go on a quest.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

My friend and I stay at Marriott hotels and resorts on a regular basis. Marriott should be ashamed to have this establishment represent their brand name.
Our experience was similar to that of others that posted. Our toilet was not cleaned properly and a rush job was done cleaning the bathroom almost daily. Additionally, on the 2nd night of our trip our toilet would not flush properly. Maintenance fixed that problem immediately, BUT then the toilet started leaking from the bottom and we constantly had to keep towels on the floor to keep the floor dry. THEN, the day after that the lights and the fan in the bathroom stopped working. The whole bathroom situation was just a nightmare.
We should have known we were going to run into problems because when we checked in we started out with poor customer service/billing. We were entitled to (and told repeatedly) that because my friend is a Marriott Gold Member we would get upgraded to a suite upon arrival as long as there was a room available even though my friend used her points to pay for the room. However, upon check-in we learned that because my friend used points, it was at the discretion of the particular Marriott hotels to upgrade customers using points and this hotel did not honor upgrades! We had repeatedly spoken to the hotel about this very matter and was never informed of their policy until check-in.
It is a good location, but I suggest you do yourself a favor and find another hotel or another better-rated Marriott in the area for your stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank treyshar

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

The room was cozy & clean, staff was very nice, short driving distance from all the attractions, parking was hectic @ night, but was accommodated with the next door restaurant parking lot. The only issue was there was no frig or microwave I was the room. But overall it was a great stay, would stay again, &I would recommend....

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
wantagh, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

We visited myrlte beach from New York with our 5 & 4 yr olds. This hotel is very nice. We had breakfast there every morning and it was pretty good, the staff was very nice. The front desk staff was great also. Tayler at the front desk is awesome, we asked her for directions for everything and she knew it all. The hotel is not direclty next to barefoot landing as I had first thought, but it's a very very short drive, but be forwarned, get to barefoot landing early b/c it gets very very very crowded and parking is so hard to find. The AC is in the room is FREEZING, which is a plus for us. B/c at least you can lower it if you want. The pool was nice as is the fitness room the pool water was warm, which is a big plus b/c hotel pool is usually freezing. They have free coffee in the lobby and at night free cookies as well. The hotel is only a mile from the beach and it's close to the tanger outlets & walmart. We particularly liked it b/c of the location. It was close enough (driving distance) to the fun stuff but far enough to have some piece and quiet. The staff is very nice and extremely helpful. The beds were very comfy as well. One thing I thought was a little weird was that we were 4 people in the room and they kept only leaving us three towels. But it's ok, we made do, it wasn't a big deal. I would definitely stay here again. I hear that parking in myrtle beach can get crazy but it was fine at this hotel. We visited the beach and parking at the beach was fine also. Not all the rooms have microwaves and fridges but we asked for one in advance b/c my husband is diabetic and they were very accomodating.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

My family and I arrived at the Marriott to check in at 3:00 p.m. and my room was not ready. My family and I had to wait in the lobby for thirty minutes until I had to ask the manager again for the status of our room. Once, I asked the manager for the status of my room, he then informed me that the room was finally ready. While waiting I used the main restroom in the hotel were I saw rolls of toilet paper and wet towels on the floors. Total disgusting! The hotel room was not up to Marriott's usual standards. When we checked out of the hotel, I took the steps and there were dirty socks on the stairwell! Yuck! Even though the price is resonable the service is poor and the place is not clean.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
14.3 km away
Fairfield Inn Myrtle Beach Broadway at the Beach
10.8 km away
Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate
Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach -...
#14 of 54 in North Myrtle Beach
4.9 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Myrtle Beach Hotel
8.4 km away
Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Northwood

Been to Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing? Share your experiences!