All reviews allow pets room was clean two blocks minute walk to the beach continental breakfast a pet friendly hotel nice pool nice stay would stay here again front desk staff off season motel housekeeping microwave mb sc
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We have stayed at this particular Red Roof Inn at least 3-4 times a year for the past few years. We initially chose this hotel because we like to bring our dog when we go to the beach and this hotel is very pet friendly. We continue to stay at this hotel for many reasons. First of all, the hotel is always very clean; the rooms are nice size with comfortable bedding; the staff is always very friendly and helpful; and the prices are very reasonable. In addition, the hotel is located just a few short blocks from the beach making for an easy walk with our dog. We also like the location of this hotel. It is by the airport, near the end of the row of hotels so the area is a bit quieter and less crowded than staying right in the middle of the beach. For people who are looking for a fancy hotel with the big water parks, upscale restaurants, and fancy soaps this is not the place as this hotel is is just a great, basic place to stay where you will get a nice room and good, friendly service.

3  Thank ToesInTheSandgirl
Reviewed November 10, 2011

If you want a nice clean and very friendly motel where both you and you pets can feel at home this is the motel for you. The staff is wonderful, the rooms are large and comfortable and extremely reasonable. Our business king room had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker and a good wi fi service in each room plus a computer and printer in the lobby area. There is a Waffle House across the parking lot that has great food. There is also a McDonalds in walking distance. The hotel is also quite quit especially since pets are welcome.

Date of stay: November 2011
3  Thank Streicker
Reviewed October 19, 2011

The hotel is conveniently located, very clean, nice property & pet friendly ... the staff were very helpful & made for a very nice overnight stay ... excellent value for money

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Very nice place to stay and they are pet friendly! Rooms are very clean and staff is very friendly and helpful. Very quiet friendly place to stay!

Reviewed September 30, 2011

This was my first time visiting the Red Roof Inn in MB. We arrived past 4:00 p.m. and had not trouble checking in. We went and looked at the room before signing in. Over-all, we liked this place. This was our first hotel stop while in MB. We had a 8 lbs. Yorkie dog with us. BED WAS TERRIBLE. You could feel springs when you laid or sat on the bed. The first night, Friday, from about 1:00 a.m. - 3:00 a.m. there was WAY to much noise in the hallway. People talking and arguing VERY LOUD... We hardly got any sleep at all! Not good for business people that were DEAD tired when we got there. Next morning, 6:00 a.m. we go to the breakfast bar, where normally they do not have past Labor Day; however, because of the hurricane they had left-overs. Anyway, we make our waffles and I chatted with the front desk clerk. Then we went back to sit down at the table and the front desk clerk had gotten a call and then asked if you had a dog in the room. I said yes and he is in his crate! Well, wouldn’t you know, someone called complaining that our dog was barking… I immediately got up and went to the room. Keep in mind, I really haven’t gotten any sleep that night. I go and take care of my doggie. Well, partially my fault because I had just put him in there and didn’t give him a treat nor did I leave the TV on. Anyway, can you believe the nerve of some people? Keeping us up all night and calling the front desk complaining three hours later because a dog barking… Whatever! Anyway, I contacted the management there once we arrived back home and I must say that they were very understanding and gave me a partial refund. Once I was back home! There was mold on the ceiling over the work area desk. If you are VERY allergic then you had better check your room really well. We are not allergic so we had no real issues with the mold! Yes, we will probably stay at this Red Roof Inn again as we feel the management handled our issues VERY well. Good Job Management! Customer Service is GREAT here.

Room tip: Friendly Staff and wonderful Management!
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank VaSpeters56
Davidhelman, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Dear Guest,

I am terribly sorry about your experience with us. Should you have a concern during your stay, simply contact the front desk and allow us to address it. I look forward to your next visit with us.

Dave