“Something new”

Add it.
Masala Chai
Ranked #472 of 963 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 15, 2018

An article in our local paper drew us to this place as it is affiliated with the Masala Indian Restaurant on business 17. It is located near Lake Arrowhead Road on 17 North in a small strip mall between an Eagles store and Jersey Boys subs.You could miss it if you are not looking as it is tucked almost in the corner. It is small and unpretentious but clean and the proprietor was very helpful and accommodating. We had both the Naan bread and garlic Naan - both very good. We tried 2 different starters, Samosa Chatt and original samosa - also very good; as an entrée I had the Masala Dosa which was a huge potato and spice filled crepe which could easily have been shared by 2 people. Crepe was light, nicely golden and flavorful. My husband had the Mughlai Keema Matar which was like a pea filled stew with rice - also very good. What we enjoyed was more than enough and we really did not even have room for dessert but next time we go, we will try to save room. They are worth a trip if you enjoy Indian food and I think are marketing themselves as if they were 'food truck' style. We definitely will go again.

Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

Food is delicious! It has a nice casual atmosphere. Authentic Indian cuisine. We have been there twice in the last week and a half. We will go back again before we travel home!

Reviewed February 7, 2018

Masala Chai Indian Street Food is easy to drive past on Highway 17 at the north end of Myrtle Beach if you don't know it's there, but you need to STOP and eat here! It's a small, colorful five-table (?) restaurant next to an Eagles beachwear store in a newish strip mall. Tonight we ordered: samosas (pea and potato dumplings), chicken biryani, mughlai keema matar (lamb) and saag paneer (spinach and cheese). I tried to order the chicken biryani "mild," and the very nice man who took my order said, "No, you don't want that. We'll make it medium." I am SO glad he said that because "medium" was SO flavorful and texturized, and pushed the heat level right to the top of my comfort level without going over. I told him my husband liked spicy food, so he said he would make the lamb "Indian hot." Ha! My husband loved it -- and said it was indeed hot and wonderful. The saag paneer was divine: so creamy and tasty. The coconut rice that comes with the entrees is fluffy and aromatic, and the basamati rice (with the chicken) made me smile, so good. Each entree was enough for two servings/people. We are DEFINITELY going back and trying something different because what we had tonight was so. dang. delicious. I also liked the colorful Indian-movie posters adorning the walls of the restaurant and enjoyed watching Indian music videos while I waited for my food to be cooked. The smells were amazing. There is NOTHING like good Indian food, and this place is legit. Owned by the same people who have successfully run Masala in Myrtle Beach further south (17th and Kings/Hwy 17) for four years. The menu at Masala Chai is a bit more "hip." Highly recommend!

5  Thank Reina K