“Only place to stay.”

“Only place to stay.”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Had a great time.
Fun place to stay
Owners treat you like family . Rooms were very well maintained and very clean.owners have great knowledge of the area and don't mind sharing.They let us know where everything was on the beach and the quickest route. Thank you

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank leesccharles1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Very friendly staff, the price is tough to beat. nice location. You'll notice that most of the customers are those that re book for the next year and this is definitely why. You'll find yourself rebooking before your vacation is over!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank crusadecat
Nineveh
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My husband, grandchildren and I, stayed at the Darlington last month. I agree that Terry is a very nice person who makes sure you have a comfortable vacation. We had a 2 bedroom villa, with full kitchen, & a covered balcony facing the beach & pier. Very clean villa, friendly staff, nice clean pool, & away from most of the noise. Best of all, the price is way less than other hotels. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank debbie k
Rock Hill, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2013

If you want to stay in an awesome CLEAN, PET FRIENDLY, PEOPLE FRIENDLY HOTEL AND SEE THE BEACH from your room?.....THEN THE DARLINGTON IS FOR YOU!! We love that not only are you giving your money to an AWESOME AMERICAN COUPLE you still have money to go and do things while your at the beach! the rooms are EXTREEMLY CLEAN (don't know about you but that's #1 on my list). We HAD AN AWESOME VIEW OF THE OCEAN and were in walking distance to many of the attractions. Will go to them EVERY TIME WE VISIT MYRTLE BEACH and are planning on going again this month (can't wait)!! TRUST ME GIVE THE DARLINGTON A TRY YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!! Shelley Porter, Rock Hill, SC

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shelley P
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed for a week in September and took a gamble booking the Darlington for a week without really seeing the place (other than online). We were impressed! The price couldn't be beat and the owner was super, super nice. Our room was on the smaller side, but we didn't rent a room with a kitchenette. We were able to bring our dog on vacation for the week, and we didn't even pay any extra for him. The location is great: right across the street from the beach & boardwalk, a very easy walk. We loved being that close to the pier, as well.

The pool was always clean and refreshing. The grounds were always clean and taken care of. This place is certainly a well kept secret.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank polkadotqueen
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My family was apartment shopping due to not being able to renew a lease because our landlord was going out of country for awhile....the rates in mb this time of year are insane....and if there are cheap rooms you can bet your risking your health or safety...this city ain't for everyone ......we had tried three other motels that did a cheaper weekly or extended rate and they were so filthy that we couldn't risk our son being in them....last minute we found the darlington and were hesitant but boy we were wrong.....the owner was very polite and understood our situation we were charged 50 something the first night due to the fact he couldn't do a weekly rate....the room was amazing....wall mounted flat screen tv.....kitchen and extremely clean plus a huge balcony looking over the blvd....the staff were really friendly....they are in the middle of doing outside renovations and they are nice.... patio sitting areas...fire pit...music... lighted boardwalks and the atmosphere almost made me forget I was at a motel....every time the owner saw me he asked how our apt search was going and you could tell he actually cared...when I told him not good he gave us a really good rate for the second night to give us more time....I would highly recommend the darlington....I was born in this city and it is a hard city to live in....so trust me when I say places like this just don't exsist anymore which is why I took the time to detail our experience....will come back for sure.....

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank djrip843
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I like the small, well-managed 16-unit Darlington which faces the ocean across the street from the municipal pier and the new boardwalk. The hotel was probably built in the 1960s and reminds me of what Myrtle Beach was like when I first visited about 25 years ago. (That was before the building boom and resultant urban sprawl.) I had the impression that some of the upper units were rented to long-term residents. But this downtown area seems quite safe and tidy, there's a Friendly's nearby for breakfast as well as quite a few fancy hi-rise developments.

I looked at two rooms; the first one smelled of stale smoke although the hotel is supposed to be smoke-free. The room I took was very clean (tile floors help) and bright, the (older) furniture had been repainted, there was a kitchenette (with older, full-size appliances), the TV was a large flat-screen with lots of channels, the bed was comfortable enough (no issues with the linens or comforter), the windows were clean and the smallish balcony had a fabulous ocean view. Staff was very friendly. There was not much street noise but summer might be quite different. All this for $32 in January with good parking and no charge for my dog. It's not the Ritz but I'd stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo