See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 16, 2011

we really like this place.have stated at 3 other hotels & like the location of this best.we had 2 oceanfront efficiencies in waves 616 & 617.some minor cosmetic flaws but rooms were clean & comfortable.staff was friendly & helpful.within walking distance to everything yet far enough away to relax.we will go back here next year.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Jordan_Starnes, Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2011

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to recommend us to future guests on TripAdvisor. We are grateful for your kind words. Can't wait to see you back next year.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

Good things are: free breakfast and parking was not that bad. Not so good things are: light in the bathroom was burnt out, DVD player was not functional, the faucet label for cold was gone, shower head can not be adjusted cuz it was so loose so I have to bend to get my head wet when I showered, the woman who checked is in, deana, was sarcastic and rude and short is one day of meal pass. The light in the bathroom was never replaced during our 4 day stay even if I reported it to Sam... The only thing we loved about it is that we had a beautiful oceanfront view and the sunrise was gorgeous...

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I must say, I was impressed.. After reading all the horrible reviews, i was a little nervous! the check in was quick and easy, the guy at the desk was friendly and helpful. We stayed in the Atlantica and we loved it. The room had great views of the beach and it was very clean. we had the 1 br condo for 4 women and it was plenty big.. you had to park across the street, but there was a nice man that drove a golf cart and would come pick you up.. that was cool. One night we needed extra towels, and we called down to the front and they had them to us in no time.. we was very please and will be back for sure.!!! LOVED IT !!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MELISSA B
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I'm going to post this review twice, once here and also under the hotel I actually booked. I booked a hotel for Palmetto Shores but upon checking in realized I was in Atlantica (two condo towers sandwiching Palmetto Shores). I write it twice, not because it really matters which building you're ultimately in, but to ensure you don't book a reservation at either....

What I've read about Palmetto Shores turned out to be true - you get what you pay for. I was looking for a cheap place to stay with my buds and found a great rate ($79) for a two bedroom oceanfront condo on a weekend in September. We got there and the check-in took forever, even with three people working the desk. I swear it actually took us 10 minutes to check in ourselves once we got to the desk attendant. Okay, big deal, slow check-in.

So we're told we're in the Atlantica building next door so we walk over and wait, yet again, for the ONE elevator for the 12 or 13 floors. There was always a wait for this elevator. Once getting to the room the door wouldn't open with our key. Back down to the desk and the response "it should work." Duh. Green light but no workie. So here we go back with maintenance and he finally gets the door to open. Okay, so maybe we were tired after a long drive and day at work, just took a bit longer than we'd hoped to get in our room.

We turn the corner into bedroom number one and witnessed the scene of a construction disaster. Mirror off the wall, wallpaper half painted over with fresh white paint, no covers on outlets, no lampshade, dresser moved into middle of the room, bed half made, bathroom floor & tub dirty, duck tape on the shower with the word "MOLD" written on it....need I go on? The maintenance guy, bless his off-work soul, put the room back together and on we went. WHY we didn't say something immediately, I do not know. Well, I do know, we were super tired and just said, "they are completely 100% booked and turning people away and we got what we paid for." We continued to find goodies in the room through the weekend...like a maxi pad behind the nightstand. Oh yes.

The other room was okay but didn't have two twins as promised, actually it did but it was pushed together and made up into a queen. The rest of the place was just dated. Old appliances, old televisions (and brands I've never heard of - "ilo" really?) Each room had a television but I would have rather had one that actually looked good. I watched a football game saturday with 1/3 of the screen - the screen had three inches of green haze on each side. There was dust on the popcorn ceiling from the air condition vents, sticky (yes!) floors, and a dirty ice maker so clearly the place hadn't been properly cleaned in awhile.

So then we decided to stay an extra night and went to discuss our options with the front desk. After detailing all of this they weren't willing to do ANYTHING for us. Sorry, I take that back, they agreed to give us the rate we found on the internet since they didn't show that rate on their site. Well, how nice. Then they "regretted to inform us that we wouldn't be able to stay in the same room." Well...wow...now we're getting somewhere. Anyway, we didn't stay there as they wouldn't work with us. It was a Sunday night so they weren't booked at all. We left there and stayed at the Sheraton Convention center for 1/2 the price...coincidentally, what a great hotel.

Whatever you do, Atlantica/Palmetto Shores, be careful. You get what you pay for...and in some cases more than you bargained for!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2011

This place is absolutely horrible. It's dirty, outdated, and small. We waited about an hour to check in in a small and cramped lobby. After we got into our room, we didnt have a one clean towel (the only one left on the bath counter was wet), the sheets were disguisting with pubic hair here and there. I mean... this is supposed to be your vacation but this place is nasty. My husband and I are well travelled and this place was the 11th hotel in out road trip but from all of the hotels we have ever stayed in (in the US and abroad) this is absolutely the worst of the worst. We have stayed in many hostels that cant't even come close to this. The staff was trying to explain themselves that they had let go of some housekeeping manager earlier on, but I really can care less what their excuse was. The hotel (main building with the lobby) is crying for an update and guests should be prevented from staying there. I'd strongly, STRONGLY DISCOURAGE anyone from booking this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple