“Beverly”

Palmetto Shores Oceanfront
Ranked #130 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I went to Myrtle Beach with out a hotel reservation. I pulled into Palmetto Shores. I was very lucky as they were full and they found a room for me. My stay was to be 3 days from 3/13/12 -3/16/12.I enjoyed my self so much I decided to stay 4 more days. Again they were sold out, but instead of turning me away they put me in a small street side room for one night, the next day they moved me back to a ocean front room. When I say moved me, they moved all my things for me I just had to follow along. Well not the end of story, I stayed one more day a total of 8 days at the best hotel I've ever stayed in. Not because of the clean rooms or the great view, but because of the STAFF...THANK YOU PALMETTO SHORES...

Room Tip: ocean front rooms have large balconys.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank beverly d

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times. I've never had any problems, the rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. Also it's VERY reasonablly priced for an ocean front hotel with it's quality. I will be coming back soon! :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed from March 13 thru March 16,2012. The hotel had one of the best prices we found. The balcony view was fabulous. We didnt get in the pools because it was too cool. It was in a great location ,near the boardwalk and uptown. All the staff were polite and nice. We were very pleased with our stay. Honestly, when I reserved the room I was afraid from some of the reviews I read, that it was going to be a bad place. But ,once we arrived all my fears were gone. Maintenance personnel maintained the property more than I expected. They seemed to be happy doing their jobs. I will be returning here again .

Room Tip: If you dont want to cook while here, a 2 queen bed room is a good choice
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Gene O
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed at the Atlantica II (booked through Condolux) in June of 2010. Despite many bad reviews regarding Condolux, we had no issues with them. Yes, their office is off the premises, so you had to be there before they closed to get the key- but they were very friendly and gave us maps of the strip, coupons, etc...

The hotel was not in the "best" of shape, but the rooms were clean. The elevators were very slow, so if you can book a lower level, I would recommend so. I felt bad for the line of people at the elevator every time we walked by. We had a room on the 2nd floor - ocean front. It was not crowded and many times we had the lazy river all to ourselves.

I thought the location was great, because we didn't have the crowd of the strip, but all we had to do was walk a very short distance and all the festivities on the strip were right there...the boardwalk... bands, shopping, food, etc.

It was a great family vacation. I think I would like to explore more hotels the next time we visit Myrtle Beach, but for the location and price: this was nice.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank DD1745
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I stayed from March 6-March 13. The hotel had an excellent price, one of the best we found when looking. The view from our balcony was absolutely beautiful. We walked to the boardwalk almost everyday it is in the perfect location!! They had two outdoor pools which looked very nice however it was too cold outside to swim in them during my vacation. The indoor pool and hot tub was nice, just wish it was a little more private. I did not mind having to walk to the atlantica and using their pool and hot tub. It is not a far walk and they have a very nice pool!! The staff made the stay even better, if there was anything they could do for us they made sure they did it. We were there for a week so we had the pleasure of meeting lots of the staff including front desk personal, managers, cleaning staff, and even the maintenance men every single person we ran into were very polite. I was very well pleased with my stay and will definitely be returning as soon as possible!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank kma12392
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My husband took me on a mini vacation for Valentines day.............. Well we pulled up and OMG this place looked like something off of life time it had mold on the walls,bugs and just was not fit for a dog to stay in...... As mmy kids would say PUT YOUR FAST SHOES ON AND RUN LIKE HELL IF SOMEONE TRY TO GET YOU TO STAY HERE.....

Room Tip: Just don't waste your hard earned money!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Mrsm0813
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I am rating this one star but if I could give it NO STAR... I would!!! My husband and I took a trip to Myrtle Beach as part of our Christmas present to one another...The hotel was not what we were expecting... The indoor pool and hot tub did not work,,,, and they told us we could walk two motels down to the Atlantica and use theirs... Keep in mind that it is December and VERY COLD to walk over!! My mom fortunately... was staying at the Camelot... so we just went as visitors and used their pool, lazy river, and hot tub.... The jets didn't work in the hot tub...but it was ALOT BETTER motel...the lazy river was nice and the pool... You couldn't complain at the Camelot....Nice motel and the rates are cheap!!!

To top everything off at Palmetto Shores... Parking is across the street, breakfast is across the street (which you have to pay for), we could never get the wifi to work, and my husband needed the internet because the office kept trying to reach him... We were going to try getting on the internet at McDonalds... Anyway, I really do not recommend staying here!!!

Plus.. every time you needed something the people were not at the desk... The last night we were there...We actually went to the Atlantica to swim because my mom had gone home... When I got ready to leave Atlantica....I walked back across in the freezing cold....anticipating a warm shower...and my card to the room did not work,... Keep in mind... I am cold and wet....they had to give me another motel card.... I enjoyed time away with my husband but the motel was a joke!!

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple