“Disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palmetto Shores Oceanfront

We can't find prices for this hotel
Palmetto Shores Oceanfront
Ranked #122 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pelham, Georgia
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

I was disappointed in the size of the room. You had to sit on the bed in order to watch TV. There was no room to place a chair to sit in and watch TV. The Motel seems to be an older one, or either has taken a lot of abuse as the walls were patched, the wall paper coming off the wall, and the door handle to the balcony had been patched numerous times. I was there four days and the floors were never vacummed. The bed was made and the trash emptied, but that was about it. The desk staff were friendly and had no trouble checking in nor out. There is no drive through where you can load and unload your car to stay out of the weather. You had a 15 minute parking next to the motel to load, etc. The motel parking is across the street, when you can find a space. If you come in after 10:30 p.m. all of the spaces are full. I had to park two blocks away one night. I would not go back there simply because of the parking. Very inconvient.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Thomasville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

The only thing good about this hotel we encountered was the front desk staff!!!! Everything else was way below expectations!!!! Our room was nasty! Upon entering, there was no sense of comfort. We could not walk around without shoes because the carpet felt like sticky mush. The shower was slimy due to water puddling behind the slip mat. The room was full of hair: the tub, floor, vanity, BED!!! The sheets looked as though they were still on from the previous occupant. We slept on our towels just to be on the safe side. The question I have is what rooms did these other folks have that left such great reviews? My room was a disaster!!! I have worked in the hotel industry for 12 years so maybe I am being a little harsh???? NOT!!!!! I expect status quo wherever I stay...a nice, welcoming place to lay my head worry free. That is what I pay for anyway! That is what I expect when I am on vacation! I can only give my opinion so take it for what it is worth. Do your research!!! I am leaving this review for a reason. I will not stay here again, nor will I advise others to do the same. One night was enough for me!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The only way to ensure a good room is to go somewhere else to stay!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Billie S
Amy R, Administrative Assistant at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Thank you for your time and your valuable comments in regards to your review of Palmetto Shores resort. We apologize for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay with us. We agree that a clean and comfortable environment is a very important part of your stay. We hire and train competent staff that goes above and beyond to make sure our guests are accomodated. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again in the future so that we have the opportunity to show you that our guest services is top of the line in Myrtle Beach, SC. We will be working diligently to make sure that your stay is more enjoyable in the future. Thank you again for making us aware of this situation.

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Loganville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

I was worried after reading some other customer reviews, but once I checked in and was greeted by a very courteous front desk employee, and the room was very clean and spacious, I had a sense of relief! The staff was always very kind, the pools and grounds kept very clean. None of my belongings were ever messed with (my purse stayed in the room the entire time). Having access to all the different amenities was great!! Also it was a perfect location for walking downtown! The pool bar was awesome because we were able to order lunch and have it served right there by the pool! I will be visiting the Palmetto Shores again!!

Room Tip: 4th floor was quiet, I never heard our neighbors above or beside us and we had an oceanfront room.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank April W
Thank you for your time and your pleasant comments in regards to your recent stay at Palmetto Shores resort. We are pleased that we were able to meet your expectations during your vacation. We are proud to offer a variety of accommodations, which range from proper efficiencies and suites to access to our four pools and two hot tubs. Our pool bar and our restaurant next door, the Patio, offer a convenient option for eating and drinking while enjoying the sun. We are also only four blocks from the boardwalk for easy access to all the bars and restaurants on the oceanfront. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to having you visit us again soon!
Washington D.C
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

This was the most terrible,and most disgusting place I have ever stayed at in Myrtle beach. Reception was too busy to answer questions because they are constantly on the phone. The pools are gross and small. The whole place is dirty. We stayed in an efficiency and was appalled.There was hair every where when we arrived, the carpet turned your feet black.Good luck cooking anything there because the stove is crooked and broken.Housekeeping was terrible. Asked us what we wanted done. We told them everything from vacuuming, to new towels and sheets. They came in,made one bed(not the other) did not change the sheets,no towels and nothing was vacuumed or cleaned.When I told the front desk what happened(very politely) I was given an attitude and not helped.You felt dirtier after taking a shower.There are 2 elevators one would not go to our floor(5) so we had to constantly wait for these slow, broken down elevators every time we needed to do anything.They said they would fix it, but no.Everything you asked from the front desk was met with a bad attitude and thats after you waited 30mins just for them to acknowledge you.I would NEVER EVER EVER stay there again or recommend to anyone but cock roaches. Cock roaches would feel right at home in this dirty hole.

Room Tip: Maybe go for the condo? I really have no idea.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

I booked an oceanfront room for 6 nights. i arrived early around 12 noon and was greeted by a very nice girl named Cesily, who was extremely nice and very helpful and fulfilling my request of a higher floor. I was located int he main palmetto building where I checked in at. My room was very clean, no bad smells, clean sheets and spread, nice everything. I noticed no broken furniture, no crumbling of the walls or ceiling, the trash was emptied, the fridge was clean although was leaking some water. I had plenty of clean towels and washcloths. My balcony was clean and never did my door lock me out. I had an amazing view of the ocean. The pools were plentiful and clean, although the Kudzu bugs were plentiful that is no fault on the hotels part. Every time I walked into the building and Cesily was working, she always greeted me by name which was a nice touch. All in all my stay was well above my expectations after having read some of the reviews on here, But I have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone.

Side note: I did have one maid walk in without knocking, but she got the room mixed up for a check out room. She did apologize for walking in. So maybe the one thing I could advise is to deadbolt the door when you are staying in, but it could have happened to anyone staying at any hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in the main palmetto building
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael C
Thank you for your kind words in regards to your recent stay at our resort. We are very proud of the staff that we have at Palmetto Shores. Cesily is an awesome guest services representative and I will make sure that I let her know that you enjoyed her warm personality. We apologize for housekeeping entering your room without knocking first. Thank you for taking the time to respond and would love to have you come back and stay with us again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

stayed here for 6 nights.if your just looking for clean place to stay and go golfing this place is very affordable and in good location.would stay here again in a minute

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your response in regards to your recent stay at Palmetto Shores resort. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will come back and visit us again really soon!
Winder, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

Once again we stayed at Palmetto Shores and again we were extremely pleased. The entire staff was friendly as well as professional. The room we had was clean and fully stocked (we had an efficiency room w/ocean view. We will definitely be going back. They have a selection of pools which are clean and well maintained. We had the " Rise & Shine " package which included breakfast across the street at the restaurant, good food and great service..I read some other reviews of the property and we feel for the value of the stay it can't be beat. Your close to the Boardwalk and within walking distance to many attractions.

Room Tip: We always get a ocean front room and try to get one on the 4th floor or higher for an excellent view...