Palmetto Shores Oceanfront
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$129
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
US$153
US$145
US$257
US$224
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$87
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$111
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$111
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$107
Official Site
The Strand a Boutique Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$119
Official Site
US$207
US$121
getaroom.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 24, 2012

It's hard to know where to begin with Palmetto Shores. It is so old and rundown-should definitely be in the tear down category. We stayed 3 nights in May of 2012. Here is a rundown of all the probems we encountered (1) room smelled (2)everywhere you looked something had half effort 0f being patched up to get by (3)curtains hanging off hook and runner - we repaired ourselves so we could close (4)ceiling peeling away (5) sharp little nails sticking out on front of kitchen sink area to hold it together presumably and had to cover with towel to keep from tearing our clothes (6)refrigerator so old, outside dirty and black mold in rubbery area along door, etc. (7) mat in bathroom tub was gray colored with use, should have been clear plastic and srubbed everyday (8) almost no daily maintenance of room (9) floors needed swept badly when we got there and probably still have same crud as when we checked out (10) wireless not available as offered in ad - had to go to lobby. All in all this was a miserable place to stay. To add to all the other probems it was Bikers Week in Myrte Beach which we had not been warned about. We were so miserble we asked to check out a day early and not be charged but were told they would still charge us. The ONLY good reason for being there was The Patio Cafe behind resort and across N. Ocean Blvd. It is apparently owned by same company which is amazing. The food was good, staff excellent especially a waitress/bartender named Austin. She made each day almost bearable.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JandM44
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We booked this room due to a special going on. 50% off. We were so excited, only to be let down. This hotel is a joke.
1. We had issues with the location of the elevator. Why would you give a wheel cart to take your stuff to your room if you have to take the stairs in the first place.
2. TV did not work. Someone did come and fix that problem. Apparently the cord had came out the back of the TV so they took care of that.
3. Pull the bead spread back and hair was on the bed. NASTY!
4. Counters in the kitchen had stuff on them that was easily cleaned off with a wet cloth.
5. Hair on top the microwave.
6. Stove was so unlevel and the burners were popped out that it was scary trying to cook on the stove.
7: Jets in the bath tub did not work.
8. Patio furniture was missing. My husband asked someone for some chairs, and they did bring them to him.
9. Door to the balcony did not close completely. You could see around the edges of the door and the latch part barely made it to where it needed to be to keep the door closed. Was please that considering this issue a chain was alvailable for the top of the door.

We have never stayed in a place so NASTY before. We are not willing to stay here again. (Even if the room was free.)

Room Tip: The only tip that I could give you is to stay some where else.
2  Thank 2Sweetbabies
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Booked this hotel due to the special going on, however, I wish we picked another location.

First thing we noticed and was not really a big deal is that you have to walk up a flight of steps before getting to the elevator. (with having a double stroller and the kids, its annoying but we dealt with it - and went on).

2. Unpacked and checked out our interent to discover - we did not have the internet - called front desk and was told had to go to the lobby to use it at the hotel next door.

Went on with our day -- so what if we can not get the internet even though it's advertised - we can enjoy the day.

3. We took a walk and we discussed breakfast for in the morning - and we walked into the front desk to find out where it would be at... was told not included in my package. Which I found very odd considering I clearly remember booking the hotel and it stating the internet and the breakfast. Considering at that moment I could not get onto to the internet to discover my emails or information of when i booked. I contacted my Mother - after her finding it the next day - I went to talk to the front desk - (different people and very nice ladies) was told that we did in fact get the breakfast.

4. I failed to mention that when unpacking ( i always breing lysol and spray everything down) I pulled the sheets back and there was hair everywhere.

5. Due to a misfortune with the cell phone meeting the ocean - I needed to contact my Mother - I called the front desk to ask how much the long distance charge was - no one knew. I guess I will find out when I check out tomorrow.

6. Since being here Thursday, our room hasn't been cleaned -- we get new towels, and our beds have been made up maybe a time and a half. the half is for one bed wasn't completely made up but the other bed was.... and the reason we know that its not been cleaned -- our kids brought in a sand bucket and the small amount of sand that has been gathered since then -- is still there.

7. It is bikers week and you can sure tell it with the noise at night, more so with the gap above the balcony door.

8. balcony -- the rails outside they are secured - however, the space is just enough that my youngest ( one year old) daughter could fit though ( she didn't cause we noticed that she could - so we avoided the balcony)

Needless to say we will not spend any more money regardless of any special at this hotel.

2  Thank littlemomma7
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The pool was very clean, the room was fine for a weekend with my husband and 2 boys, ages 7 & 9; however, I don't know where all our stuff would go if we'd stayed longer! We had a double bed with bunk beds room and there may be a bigger room but we booked late. The reason I gave service a "2" is because checkout is at 11 and we had to leave at noon and upon asking if we could checkout 1 hour late the girl immediately said "no, we never allow late checkout". I've never had a hotel/resort, etc say no to a 1 hour difference, especially so adamantly with no apology whatsoever. It is a great location, and good pool.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 17, 2012

enjoyed our stay. close to many things to see & restaurants to eat at. desk & housekeeping staff accomadating.

Room Tip: enjoyed our oceanview-corner room, no noise at all from other rooms and other floors.
1  Thank jvanepps1