“Not going back again.”

Palmetto Shores Oceanfront
Ranked #129 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We stayed here for the first time and were completely let down. The parking lot was ALWAYS full we always had to park ridiculously far away! Then the room was another disaster, the refrigerator barely worked, the shower had zero pressure, and on our last day a COCKROACH ran across our floor! Sadly that was not the worst of it I was in the room alone one day getting a shower and the hotel cleaning staff came in to the room, after I informed them I was in the shower and would like them to come back later the woman replied "I just need to get your towels then I'll be out" she then proceeded to reach in to the bathroom and grab what towels we had in there! I will NEVER go back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Courtney H
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at Palmetto Shores. To be fair parking is an issue at almost all Myrtle Beach hotels and we are not the exception. I am sorry about the housekeeping issue and we have done a great deal of work since August to improve our housekeeping service and quality. Thank you for your feedback and we will use it to improve our property for the better.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

Our experience started very well, Terry checked us in and answered all our questions. She was also very friendly and helped us enjoy Myrtle Beach by her suggestions. After that first encounter front desk was not very helpful. We were always waiting on room service. Maids spoke openly in the public areas about other maids taking tips. We had to ask for room service, although when the keeper came from another of their properties she was pleasant and very good. Upon leaving John at check out was quick to notice that I appeared not satisfied asked me what problems were encountered and offered us free breakfast for our problems.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank goodlifecheryl
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I would like to thank Chris Gerald and his staff at Palmetto shores for making my stay this past weekend most enjoyable. Me and a friend come down to MB almost every other weekend and have stayed not only Palmetto Shores but many other hotels. The thing that brings us back is Chris and the night time staff. I dont really know the day staff seeing how we are usually out and about during the day. But I am sure they are as helpful as the night staff. We will be returning to Palmetto shores in just afew weeks, it seems like home now and we dont see any reason to stay at any other Hotels. If ever in need Chris is there to help you out. Keep up the good work Chris. I have let family and friends know what a great hotel this is and they are all going to give it a shot. Gene White Fayetteville NC

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Chris works very hard to provide a great environment for our guests. He is always approachable and friendly and gets ours guests what they need. I can assure you the day staff does too. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

mold on the ceiling in our room, was told we could look at another room and when we opened the door there were people in the room, boy were they surprized! after a long wait we were finally directed to another room. the area around the evlevators stinks. customer service was lousy. we saw serveral other people complaining about their room as well.

Room Tip: don't go there!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We are working room to room on the issues that you have addressed over the winter. I will acknowledge that we do need to show our rooms care over the offseason. As for checking into an occupied room, that is unacceptable and I am sorry that occured. Please understand that we are working hard to improve our product and service and I hope in the future you will give us another try.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Price was good, room could be cleaner. Kitchen had ony 2 forks and took 3 requests before ONE more fork was slid under door! Breakfast buffett was ok but a bit pricey. Location is great near all attractions in Myrtle Beach

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are going through all of your efficiency rooms to make sure inventory is fully accurate. Our buffet at The Patio is good and a very good value especially relative to other hotels. We are very proud of the team at The Patio and the job they do. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed there for a weekend getaway, and the manager Chris Gerald was very excellent. The hotel staff was willing to help, the oceanfront room efficiency was clean. Overall it was a great atmosphere. I will be choosing this hotel and recommend it to couples, and family looking for a nice vacation getaway in a inexpensive comfy environment!-Rashema D.

• Stayed: November 2012
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Chris and our entire staff work very hard to provide a positive guest experience. While our property may be older we strive to be clean, well maintained and friendly. With that in mind I feel we are a great value for the consumer. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Greeted by a roach, a door that was hard to open, a commode that would not flush(unless we opened the back and put the rusted chain on the broke arm)! Had a coffee pot in the room, but no coffee. We did get coffee from the front desk, ask for styrofoam cups and was told that we would have to use the thin plastic ones for the coffee(too hot to hold). went to store to get my own cups. Yes, the price was great and I guess we did get what we paid for. From reading other reviews there must be some decent rooms in the other building. Did though have a great trip to Myrtle Beach, just will check reviews next time before deciding where to stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

I am sorry that the room you stayed in was not up to standard. We are an older property that works hard to have clean and well maintained rooms. Obviously we did not hit the mark. We are in process of winter maintenance and deep cleaning all of our units to improve them. I would like to again apologize and invite you to try us again in the future.