“Priced Right”

Palmetto Shores Oceanfront
Ranked #128 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 6 November 2014 via mobile

Not the fanciest nor cleanest place to stay but in January the price is right. You can't go wrong. Just bring a bottle of Lysol and it's just fine. Great location! We could watch the big ferris wheel from our balcony.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 816mig

Reviewed 4 September 2014

Do NOT stay here....you would be better off in a tent on the beach (illegal by the way).

The STAFF IS RUDE!!! The rooms are FILTHY!

Solution:

Problems solved.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank J C M
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My family comes down here every year for a week for our family reunion and I must say we have never been treated so badly. We get about 6 rooms and pay out about $12,000 but this hotel will never get our money again. They complained about everything we did and had an issue with everything our family did. We could definitely tell this was under new management this year because we usually have a great time here. I will say this, we were the only African American family here and it just seemed that we were targeted and they harassed us constantly. We had security speak to us about cooking on the grill that they have. Apparently we were not supposed to use it or allow our kids to swim or any of the countless things we normally have no problem doing. They basically ruined our vacation and I advise everyone to avoid this hotel . We will go back to the breakers or beach colony where we can be treated like we deserve. This hotel sucks.

• Stayed: June 2014
8  Thank ladonnat99
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have rated the Palmetto a 3 because my room was nice, however, it needed a serious paint job. I had white furniture and it all needed painting. Otherthan, that I would recommend this place to friends and family. It's a great view and a good setup for a family trip. Would I stay there again? Yes. The front desk sfaff was very friendly. They really made me feel welcome.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with teens, this place has 2 bedroom condo. I took my son and his friend, i wa...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacqueline J
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was our first time vacationing at Myrtle Beach and we truly enjoyed ourselves. Our accommodations at Palmetto were wonderful w/our oceanfront view. We stayed an extra day because we enjoyed it so much! We were able to sit on the balcony and enjoy the beach or walk down to the beach and then come back and sit on the balcony again. We kept our door to the balcony open all night because the view and the air were wonderful. Parking was a little tricky at times but everything was within walking distance to the hotel and our room was nice and clean and gave us the comfort of being at home on vacation. We look forward to returning in summer of 2014!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms allow the wonderful view of the ocean and the beach goers.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We booked are room through Hotel.com and we asked for a ocean front view room and when we got to Palmetto shores hotel they told us that hotel.com booked us in a middle top room with half view of the ocean when we were told from Hotel.com we had a ocean front view. Rives H. Boykin he's the night manager that was on when we got here and he did a great job to make us happy with are stay here. He went into the computer and looked to see what they had with a front view of the ocean and he did a great job finding us a great room on the 10th floor with a great view of the ocean. I slept like a baby hearing the ocean right outside my window. It's clean and the staff is very helpful and nice. The next time i am we turning to Myrtle Beach this will be my hotel to book.

Room Tip: ask for a ocean front room you won't be sorry
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank citykid1000
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I booked a room two weeks in advanced, when I got there the refrigerator were a little smaller than what I were told when booking it, it were a misunderstanding in rooms but the clerk Briana alone with her manager MR Boykin were very patient in helping to get a room to fit my needs their service were great, I loved the room very clean had size refrigerator I needed, the hotel were in a location close to every thing that I needed and their condo's are nice, the stay were very nice I would definitely would stay again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business