Free cancellation until 26/07
US$259
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$130
Official Site
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$439
US$158
  • Pool
Book now, pay at stay
US$261
US$251
Hampton.com
The Strand a Boutique Resort(Myrtle Beach)
US$159
Official Site
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)
US$308
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$157
Official Site
Ocean Reef Resort(Myrtle Beach)
US$181
US$167
Official Site
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$159
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
US$134
US$125
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 16, 2010

This hotel was FILTHY! We had an "oceanfront" room which meant our window overlooked the ocean (no balcony). We booked online, asking to be put with our friends traveling with us (two rooms close together). When we check in we learn we are in two different buildings (there are 5). We asked for close rooms and are put in 101 and 102 (efficiency with two beds plus fold down bed). We were right next to the elevator, so EVERY time someone came in the door, we were awakened. The staff didn't even tell us the correct building to go to initially and we had to go back and find someone who could tell us which building we were in. I honestly don't know how this hotel has passed health inspection. The cold air return vent for the air system was COVERED in filth, the outside of the fridge door had some brown stuff running down it, the basedboards were black, etc, etc. The shower when started sounded like we were running a jackhammer in our bathroom! If we hadn't arrived so late with tired, hungry kids, I would have cancelled and gone elsewhere!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
PalmettoShores, Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2010

Thank you for bringing to my attention the frustration you have experienced at our resort. We take great pride in dealing with our customers in a friendly, polite, and efficient manner. When such is not the case, we want to do our best to correct the problem.
All the hotels in this area have parking across the street. We are buying a 6 person golf cart to take guests back and forth to help with this issue.
We are sorry for the confusion with the rooms and the location of the rooms. We just took over management of the 2 Atlantica towers at the beginning of August so there was some disorder and learning that we had to go through. We now have all the little problems worked out and we are now concentrating on fixing the rooms.
We would like to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay and assure you that it is not the standard for Palmetto Shores & the Atlantica. It is vital to our resort to communicate with our guests at every level of our operation.

Reviewed August 15, 2010

We booked their online opening special and got a great rate but also when few reviews were available. Check in was a little slow, only one front desk clerk and 3-4 groups in line. Our room was on the ground floor in the main building, just outside the elevator and the door to the pool/beach access. That's my main complaint...it was just so noisy at all hours. Crowds of drunks outside the elevator in the middle of the night; families going to the beach, slamming the door early in the morning; ocean-facing on the ground floor means looking straight out to the pool which comes with NOISE!

The refurb is a bit of a misnomer. Our kitchen area was not at all new. the microwave finish was flaking off, the oven was old as dirt (and was on and hot when we first arrived!). The toilet was blocked, the lightbulb in the bathroom was dead, and when we called and asked for more toilet paper we were told to come and get it from the front desk...WTF? Parking was tough too. I don't have a problem with it being across the street but there were times when I truly didn't think we were going to find a parking place.

But the location was excellent, the room was clean, and the beach is just outside the door. Just have low expectations and you'll be satisfied.

I'd recommend this to certain friends as long as they were clear on what this hotel offers and what it doesn't.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

We do accept requests for units on a higher floor which would cut down on the pool noise.
In the 3 Palmetto Towers, we did refurbish all the rooms. We did leave some of the kitchen appliances that were still working. We have a new management team on staff so there will not be the maintenance and housekeeping issue you experienced. I will have the staff go through and inventory the appliances to see what needs to be replaced.
We have 7 parking lots across the street so there is ample parking. We will have a parking lot diagram created for guests at check-in so there is no confusion.
We would like to apologize for the problem you encountered during your stay and assure you that it is not the standard for Palmetto Shores. It is vital to our resort to communicate with our guests at every level of our operation.

Reviewed August 13, 2010

We stayed 5 nights at the Palmetto. We had an oceanfront room. It is a very good value for the money. Some of my wife's family stayed in a motel down from us ,they paid twice the amount we paid and thier rooms were not any better than ours. I found all the staff the very friendly and helpful. WE will be staying there again next year.
Robert Turner

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Well, I am glad I did not take any of the reviews that I read on here to heart. I checked in to this hotel last Sunday (Aug. 8, 2010). I took advantage of the Travelzoo special and I am GLAD I DID! Check in was a breeze. My family arrived early and pre-registered went to the pool and the beach which is literally steps away from the hotel. Went back @ 3:15 and picked up our keys. The room was clean, the balcony was avg size, no smaller than any others on the oceanfront. For the price, you can't BEAT IT! Parking is quite ample. The Free bfast made it even better! Plan to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I checked in 08/08 and it took me about an hour to get checked in b/c they was over booked...however they finally found me a room. I read reviews prior to making reservations and just assumed the worse. Well the room was nice and clean, we had a oceanfront on the 10th fl in the main bldg... However the parking was not that bad even tho it was across the street.. Housekeeping was very nice and was always prompt when needed. I felt very safe because there was lots of security at all times...The lobby offered Wifi and the pools were nice as well. So if you want to budget your money and still enjoy a nice resort then this is the place to be...Excellent locations b/c you are close to everything...Grocery store is walking distance...They offer all your cookware and stove and fridge worked great. The AC gets really cold so nothing to worry about.. PleaSe dont let these negative reviews change your mind. We checked out 08/11 and my $50.00 deposit was back in my checking account the same day I checked out.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family