“Great Hotel - Helpful Staff”

Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - West
Ranked #31 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
SouthGa
“Great Hotel - Helpful Staff”
Reviewed 18 October 2011

With a daughter now in college at Coastal Carolina University in nearby Conway, SC, Myrtle Beach has become a new destination for us. This hotel has proven itself great for our needs on two occasions - CCU orientation and freshman move-in. Its location right on Hwy 501 is convenient to both Conway and Myrtle Beach (also the Tanger Outlet Mall right across the road), and we found it to be very clean, like new, very comfortable and reasonably priced. The breakfast area is immaculate, and the food is always fresh and attractive (not a given at every Hampton Inn). The staff is very helpful with directions, suggestions - even helping me resolve a reservations issue at another area Hampton when a second night became available at this property during check-in (the other Hampton didn't want to let me cancel, even though it was going to require me to move to another property after one night). Restaurants are plentiful in this area, including a good Japanese/Sushi restaurant and IHOP within a two-minute walk. We'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights to visit our store at the Tanger Outlets on Highway 501. We like this hotel as it is located directly across US 501. This property is maintaining the Hampton Inn standard, clean and comfortable with great beds.

The King suite is nicely appointed with a couch, chairs and a flat screen TV, check out my picture.

The one thing I did not like was not being able to get hot water in the shower and how the front desk handled my call by saying, "We never had a problem in that room. What do you me to do, send up a maintenance man?”

After a brief 1 minute cold shower, I stopped at the front desk on my way out to address the issue in person with the hotel manager. He would send maintenance up to look at the problem. By the time I returned to the room, housekeeping was already cleaning the room and she showed me how to get the hot water. Apparently, the unlabeled faucet has connections that are reversed and needs to run a little bit once set correctly. The next morning, I noticed that by turning on the hot water at the sink, the hot water in the shower showed up faster.

The manager was able to address this issue with to my complete satisfaction and kudos to housekeeping for being aware of this problem. While traveling some 40 weeks out the year it's nice to have people looking out you.

I'll stay here again the next time, absolutely.

Room Tip: King Suite is sweet, check out my picture!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I stayed for one night in August. Great room and the staff was wonderful. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
long island
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We visited this hotel last summer and now stayed here again this year. We were given a great room with a king bed and we were welcomed to check in a little early. The hotel seems to provide many details to make your stay enjoyable. The place is VERY clean, the staff are very friendly, and they even leave out snacks (fruit, coffee, tea) all day. You can smell the home made chocolate chip cookies when you return to your room in the afternoon. Breakfast is served in the morning. They even have a "breakfast bag" for folks to take with them if they want to in the morning. We decided to use the laundry facilities which were conveniently located on our floor. This was a very comfortable place to stay. We will certainly stay here again when we revisit the area. Don't hesitate to choose this as a place to stay if you are visiting the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Edgewater, MD
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn 3 times now while visiting my daughter at college at Coastal Carolina University. It is clean, the staff is friendly and the rooms are very comfortable. It is within 5 minutes of the university and about 15 to the beach. Plenty of shopping across the street at the outlets and down the road at Broadway by the Beach. I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We stayed here because the previous hotel we were supposed to stay at was a dump. This hotel staff was amazing, room was spotless. Also a plus was their complementary breakfast. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I definitely recommend to stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I was here for business the week before 4th of July so Myrtle Beach was packed. This was the perfect location for no traffic, easy to get to places and find restaurants that do not have a wait. It is located directly across from Tanger Outlets so that was a big plus! The hotel itself is beautiful. Service was very friendly. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011
5.3 km away
Staybridge Suites
Staybridge Suites
#65 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - West? Share your experiences!