Traffic at checkin was a little maddening- we decided to go ahead and park in the parking lot across the street and grab luggage carts for checkin, the security guard was really sweet and helped us out some with our luggage. they have limited handicap parking but the lot across from the hotel is well lit and not really an issue other than the longer walk to the street access at the lobby entrance. The location is absolutely superb- close to shops, family kingdom park and restaurants all within decent walking distance. The new boardwalk which starts at the pier is also within walking distance. We stayed in the Palmetto-our room was clean w/ starter sets of everything needed. The beds are "firm" to say the least so if you don't like a firm bed, this may not be the best rest for you. The murphy bed was nice instead of having to deal with a pull out. The patios need tables outside but they do have a couple of chairs. Our jacuzzi tub did not work when we first tried to use it and the drain was slow but maintenance was right on it and fixed it. The only complaint I have about our room was that the neighbors coming in a 1 and 4 in the morning woke us up- i'm not sure if the bedroom walls are really thin or they were just really loud. We were also given a room right off the elavator which from past experience I should have known to request a different area. People are loud coming off of it and the AM partiers didn't help our sleeping situation. Management gave them their warnings which didn't really help us out much. The indoor pool is small for both buildings and the lazy pool is overcrowded with kids so adults really can not enjoy it. Both outdoor pools were nice, clean and heated. Of course with the colder air your freezing when you get out. People also take their towels down to the chairs very early in the morning so by the time you go down there aren't any chairs to lay on. It was difficult to find one most of the time. People really should be more considerate not to hold chairs and grab one when they are actually going to be at the pool. The beach is right out of the pool area and you did not have to walk far to the shoreline which was really nice. Overall I liked the place and the convenience of everything around us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A New Modern Oceanfront Resort with one, two, and three bedroom units. Sandy Beach Resort now boasts a Children's Interactive Pool Area, Fitness Room, Meeting Room, and a comfortable Oceanfront Lobby. Come Stay at one of Myrtle Beach's newest and nicest Oceanfront Resorts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandy Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sandy Beach Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sandy Beach Myrtle