“Great Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Hamilton, Canada
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

This was our 3rd stay at the Sandy Beach and the room was wonderful. We arrived a day early and we had no problem getting a room. They were very accommodating.
We had a 3 bedroom Oceanfront and the view was spectacular.

My only complaint was that we did not have our bedding changed once during our 8 night stay, I washed our bedding myself. Thank goodness for the washer & dryer.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank bestbuddies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Sandy Beach Resort is Amazing! Staying at this resort year after year and having the same employees in the different departments says a`lot about the Resort, very friendly, professional, courteous, clean, beautiful and Fantastic Prices. We have had 8 different familys holiday with us at Sandy Beach over the years and they all said they would go back in a minute and most have! This year we had a great surprise as our daughter got engaged during our stay YEAH! We look forward to our next stay at Sandy Beach Resort it cannot come fast enough. I would recommend you stay at Sandy Beach Resort!

Room Tip: Oceanfront beautiful view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank sherry r
Anderson, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

My visit to Myrtle Beach was a beautiful experience staying at the Sandy Beach Resort! Great room, beautiful view, close to everything! The front desk was so helpful with area info and all the staff members were very courteous! Friendly, safe, family-oriented atmosphere! Thank you to everyone at the Sandy Beach Resort!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Carol M
Anderson, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

Stayed the month of February, excellent price, good location, weather was in the 50's or higher every day. Good walking weather. I sleep great every night, the bed was a King size in my 1 bedroom angle room. I also had a washer and dryer in the room. Maid service did a great job. I will stay here the next time I go to Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank meppipe
Orion, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

I am completely amazed at the beautiful room I stayed in! I stayed in an oceanfront suite that had 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, a full kitchen, washer, dryer, a large living/dining room and a large balcony. The view was spectacular! The lady at the front desk, Lynn, was very helpful and even gave us directions to many places that we wanted to visit. There was nothing about our stay that I can complain about. I stayed at the Sheraton last visit to Myrtle Beach but I will now always stay at Sandy Beach Resort. I paid a lot less and loved the view!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ccouls01
Trenton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

This was our third trip to Myrtle Beach in the past four years, and our first stay at the Sandy Beach Resort. Our previous trips were spent at The Caribbean, which is a nice facility, but we had bad service experiences both times and were ready for something else. I am SO glad I chose the Sandy Beach!

Our party of four adults and one toddler stayed in a 3-bedroom, 2-bath condo in the newer Palmetto Tower. The room was amazing! We had everything we needed to enjoy our 6 night stay. They even gave us three tablets for the dishwasher and dishwashing soap - something The Caribbean made us supply on our own. The master bath had a jacuzzi tub, and that was nice to relax in on some of the cooler nights.

The service from the staff was amazing. The woman working at check-in was friendly, mentioned the note on my reservation for a pack-n-play and if it wasn't in the room, to call downstairs. It wasn't, I called the front desk, and we had a pack-n-play at our door in two minutes. The first one they gave us didn't work, so I called down, and he was back within 5 mins with a brand new one. I had to wait 45 mins for one roll of toilet paper at The Caribbean!

The pools and hot tubs were just fine for us. My only complaint would be that the children's splash pad area was ICE COLD. My 2-year-old wanted to play in it so badly, but he'd start shivering the minute he stepped foot in. Would be nice if they could heat it just a little - seemed like the two larger outdoor pools were heated, so I don't know why this one wasn't, especially since it was in the shade most of the day.

The location on the beach was great - only a few blocks from the 2nd Ave Pier and the start of the Boardwalk. Also, an amusement park is located across the street, waterpark next door, and the Ocean Watersports stand is located right by the hotel for those who want to jet ski, parasail, or take a banana boat ride.

Parking was not an issue for us. The loading zone was a little tight when we arrived at check-in time on a Saturday afternoon, but we made do. I can imagine it could get pretty hectic during the busy season though.

All in all, an excellent stay. Sandy Beach has become our new favorite in Myrtle Beach!

Room Tip: Definitely spring the extra cash for the Palmetto Tower - it was built in 2008, and from what I'...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank ucas0
Elmira, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Clean, hotel-like and very family oriented. The condos were contemporary and very up to date. Every morning I had my coffee out on the balcony. The pools and lazy river were all warm and clean. The deck area was large and spacious with lots of loungers. The beach had a life guard with beach chairs to rent. The boardwalk was within walking distance. Everyone was sooo friendly and helpful. Very happy with this vacation! The kids loved it and I loved it! My husband got to golf, I got to relax by the ocean and the kids got to swim.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family