“You get so much LESS than what you pay for.”

Viking Ocean Front Motel
Ranked #166 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

I planned a last minute trip to Myrtle Beach. I had to find a cheap hotel quickly, and didn't look at the reviews. I understand the whole get what you pay for thought process. We checked in and told them we wanted to look at the room before finalizing our check in. We booked the two bedroom ocean front room. As we were walking to the room (having to go down stairs from floor level to "ocean front") it smelled like a dirty bathroom through the walkways and down the stairs. I am not stretching the truth. We go into the room looked around a little and left. It wasn't up to standard living for any decent person. The view was a sand dune and the sky. That was it. I can easily over look the outside appearance for a clean decent room. The room smelled like dogs were allowed to urinate everywhere. We went back to check out. The receptionist was as unprofessional and ghetto to say the least. We were transfered to a sister hotel with no problem. Apparently they get this problem a lot. Will never stay or recommend.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank diehardhimfan06

Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Unsafe room door, the room stinks, stove didn't look safe, the refrig was noisy, the pool was dirty, the motel made me and my fam sick as soon we open the door, the staff was very mean, they need to knock it down and rebuild, we stayed from april 23 -28 nightmare everyday it seem haunted... Never again... Somebody call 911 hated...

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Betterchoic
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Very terrible place to stay rude staff smelly rooms smlled like ciggerettes and mildew one of the worst hotels ever n u had yo pay for icr

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank staciebug28352
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I go there looking at the pictures and having a confident attitude torwards it. Instead the people there seem to hate their jobs and look deppresed. There are a bunch of hispanics there (not that I have a problem with it), but they look at me like I dont belong to the motel. (glaring, staring, things that make you unconfortable) The vending machines are empty and the place overall smells bad and is a dirty mess that definently needs remodeling. It smelled like smoke in my room, and there was black stuff in the toilet. (people smoke) There is sand on my bed every night, and I sleep unconftorably. You can't walk bare feet in the room. Its disqusting. My drawers are broken and so is my closet wood. The only good thing about it is that it is cheap, the shower waters are big, and there is a ocen right next to it. End of Story.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Joy M
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I def don't recommend this place to anyone unless you're completely desperate to find lodgings. I would stay again if I had absolutely had to and had no other options. Of course, as most people have pointed out, the rooms are dirty and smell. My sheets had blood on them which really made me unhappy. The thing that bothered me the most was that I didn't know that since my brother, who was with me, was under 21 at the time, I had to pay a security deposit. I was unaware of this at the time of booking and that's my fault because I booked thru Orbitz and didn't bother to get all the information from the motel directly. We decided to leave the next day and stay at Springmaid and went to get our security deposit back. We knew we wouldn't recover the Orbitz fees but at least we could get our security deposit. But, they wouldn't give it to us until the day of checkout which really upset me. So, we booked at night at Springmaid, got up the next morning and went back to the Viking to check out and collect our deposit. Also, the only night that we stayed, we had people who were partying outside our room at 3am so we could not get any sleep. I was told there was to be no loudness after a certain time. So, needless to say, we don't plan on going back but if we had to, I would. I just hope that the management reads these comments and tries to improve.

Room Tip: Avoid this place if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2012

stayed in room 218 side veiw for spring break and experinced many bites from bed bugs. Went to the doctor and He say I was bitten by bedbugs. Stayed on 04-07-2012. I am up set because i cant find a number any where to talk to a GM.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank India M
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I order on-line under book it.com

Pics that show online looks nice and beautiful (maybe when they open the place) place was duty, when you walk to your room you will find beers that people throw - no one clean the area- our room smell nasty but for real nasty (like someone cook shrimps or fish) I called to the front office and they say that someone will show to clean (never did) i have to go like three times requesting my money back and they she give me another room just because they dont have nobody to clean...

when we get the other room i guess that one dont smell the bad... but beds are very uncomfortable, bathroom was not good and all place was nasty - duty... I know we pay 85 plus taxes but for next time i rather pay 50 dollars more and stayed at better place... dont stay at the place.... unless you dont care... also NO internet at least no signal!!! bad!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family