“great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waikiki Village

We can't find prices for this hotel
Waikiki Village
Ranked #38 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Dixfield, Maine
“great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

what a great place to stay for mature adults and couples
My wife and I just came back from a ten day visit and are making plans to return next year for a longer stay.
Everyone was great from Nancy the owner to Larry on the front desk, all the guests we met and the wonderful lady that cleaned our room.
Waikiki Village is a older type motel- just a great place to "kick back" and relax. You can't go wrong if you want a relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: there are quite a few room types get in touch with motel for info.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank frostysr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Vandalia, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

we have been coming here for years!!! Love this place!!! Have made lots of great friends who come year after year! My daughter and her family are now coming!! Very friendly staff!!! Look forward to this trip every year!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank udaytonmom
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

No doubt the owners are very nice, but make no mistake about it, this place is a bit of a dump. On the plus side it was clean, but so old, the bedding was stained from so many years of use. And oh my god, the beds were so old they squeaked and groaned every time we moved on them - every time we rolled over one of us would wake up. The toilet needed to be flushed 2X to work and the bathroom door wouldn't shut. We were willing to deal with all that, because it was cheap and we figured we go what we paid for, but when they started to do roof construction and we had to listen to that we had enough. Although Nancy was apologetic, she really should have let us know when we arrived or at the very least on the day it was going to start. We had enough after 2 days of noise and were given a refund so we could move to a quieter hotel. For $20.00 more we had a beautiful clean suite with a king bed right on the ocean, just up the road.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Susan R
localmyrtlebeach, Owner at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Waikiki Village. We always appreciate hearing about both positive and negetative comments. We want all of our guests to be happy and enjoy their stay. When you complained to me about the roof repair, I apologized. You asked why you not told about these repairs and I expalined that we did not expect the repair to start this week due to heavy rain. Since you were upset, I offered you are refund which you failed to mention in your post. We want all guests to be happy and to return again.
As for your other complaints, these were never mentioned during your brief stay. After reading your review, maintenance took care of all your issues. It took about 30 minutes to change the door knob and to repair the toliet. The mattress has been changed. These problems should have been told to us so we could have corrected them for you ASAP.
Once again, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us but unfortunately repairs have to be done. I do understand that everyone wants to enjoy their vacation.

Nancy Hall
Lake Murray,SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

Great location,friendly mgmnt,clean rooms. Very relaxing atmosphere & good times can be had with no WILD party types! We've been going here for 13 years and look forward each year to coming back. We travel and cruise but always look forward to our vacation here every year.

• Stayed August 2011
5 Thank chione2
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

I had a great time on my recent visit to MB. This is probably the 6th time I'm staying at the Waikiki Village. The staff is very friendly and helpful and as usual the rooms were clean and comfortable. This time around I noticed that the towels in the bathroom were a threadbare, worn and of poor quality. This was a bit surprising and totally unexpected. The wireless internet service was also totally unsatisfactory. It is time that the hotel make a decent effort to provide acceptable service in this area. I could actually get a signal from the Landmark Hotel across the street. So I can't understand why they can't boost the signal so that all rooms can get an acceptable signal. I'll be back, hopefully Nancy and company will have dealt with these deficiencies by then.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the pool or on the backside of the lobby.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Maurice S
Sevierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

This was the first time as an adult I have stayed here (stayed with my parents a long long time ago) and I am so glad I did! This was the first vacation my soon to be wife and I had taken so we where wanting a good stay and boy did we get it!

I work for a rental company in the gatlinburg tn area and they could learn a lot from Waikiki Village. The customer service was friendly and caring. The room we stayed in was clean and came with a kitchen that had everything you could need ... Just bring the food. The view from our balcony wasn't a million dollar view, but hey we could see the ocean and it was 300 feet away. The pool and sauna were clean and temped just right.
WE WILL BE BACK!!!

• Stayed September 2011
4 Thank rhspooky
Stoney Creek, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

My husband and I just returned home from our 12th visit to Myrtle Beach and the Waikiki Village. Once again we had a great vacation. We were greeted when we arrived by Harry who always gives us a laugh. It's such a pleasure to return each trip to see Nancy and Sandra along with Larry, Harry, Mike and Vena who all add a little something to our trip to make it memorable. Each of them are great folks and truly add to the daily fun around the hotel. It's so special to return each trip to a familiar room and staff. Yes we are extra lucky to have the same friends return each year along with us making it always feel like a reunion of sorts. On this trip we decided to fly instead of drive and Nancy came by personally to make sure everything was on schedule with our flight and our room booking. She's the heart and soul of the Waikiki and we truly enjoy her !!!
We took a drive along Ocean Blvd and sure there are bigger, fancier hotels, but drive by the Waikiki and you'll see guests in the pool, sitting around the tables getting to know one another, playing cards or enjoying a meal together out the back. It says alot that the Waikiki has repeat guests who come back year after year !
We can't express enough how much we enjoy returning each trip. Yes of course the Waikiki has been around for a while and you won't have all the fuss and frills - but let me tell you the staff go out of their way to keep you comfortable and to make your trip enjoyable. We'll see you in 6 months for another visit !! :)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple