“Okay”

Ranked #21 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Richmond
“Okay”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Me, my husband and our three kids went for spring break. I wish I would've known about a few other hotels close to that area ( hotel blue, oceans one, wyngate to name a few). We stayed three days, housekeeping did not tidy up at all our stay... The walls are thin and you can hear doors slamming all hours! The best part about our room... Ocean view! The pools were nice.... My kids did come home with sores on the bottoms of their feet from the rough concrete though! They did not care, they had a blast! The resort also has karaoke each night that is family oriented and a tiki bar for the adults. Overall we had fun and we were not in the room much .... I would have liked a bigger room ... One with a living room area so the kids would have space to lounge and chill out. I would suggest stayingnatthe southern end... It's less crowded!
We ran out of towels and toilet paper a couple times and the last evening we were there I called the front desk requesting towels and never did get them.

1 Thank Erin H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
Brighton
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We just got back from Myrtle Beach. We were there from April 4-9th. This is my first review of any hotel but i felt that i needed to share our experience with the Sea Crest Hotel. It was excellent!!!. The Hotel was very busy because of Easter and High School spring break but all of the staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was great. The hotel looked like the pictures you see online which is rare., and the entire resort was very clean. We would stay here again for sure. Please note that if you want an adults only hotel this is not for you as it is a full family resort.

Room Tip: The Ocean front rooms are a must , the view is amazing day and night.
1 Thank SaGBrighton
Williamsburg,VA
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I took my two teenage kids plus two of their friends for Spring Break. I looked at so many different hotels they were all starting to blend together before chosing the Sea Crest. I was leary after reading some of the reviews. This was just an okay hotel. I'm guessing you get what you pay for so I kind of new what to expect. The room was nice although the kitchen was a little small and really no counter space to prepare any type of meal, but we worked it out. The living area was a little small however the angled ocean front balcony was small but nice to seat out on in the mornings to drink coffee and watch the waves. The pools were a little small and lot's of younger children. Not recommended for teenagers especially because of the area the hotel is located. You basically have to walk through the getto to get anywhere. I didn't like my teenage girls out at night by themselves. The staff was pleasant and when we had issues with our room keys not working....maintenance came quickly to assist. I will not return to this hotel.

Pros - Oceanfront and the beach and tiki bar were nice.
Cons - a little dirty and bad location for teenagers to walk at night and the elevators are terrible.

1 Thank cindys0
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Myrtle Beach is in decline. This hotel is not in a desirable location for children. It's in an area that attracts transients, drug addicts and worse day and night. Unfortunately, it is marketed as a family area. It appears since my last visit that the city tried to clean the "strip" area up w/ a few cosmetic additions to the boardwalk but what the city needs to to do is bulldoze all the old hotels and clean up the side streets where trouble resides (including the elimination of the amusement park). This hotel is old as are many in this area. We had some minimal issues during our stay but you get what you pay for and we knew this going in. The clientele is a little redneck and I guess the only comfort is the officer who stands guard out front of the drop off lot/front desk area (this in itself should be a clue as to the area). If you're on a limited budget and it's the best you can do I guess it's okay, otherwise I'd take my children elsewhere. I also wouldn't allow teens to wonder around w/o supervision. Our rm was clean but the rm was very small in comparison to other hotels we stayed in over the years in Myrtle - you can do better for the same rate. The efficiency kitchen was not updated - stove top did not work, coffee maker was corroded and we couldn't use it. One front desk attendant was clueless. Every time we had issues w/ our key cards not working she'd have to ask us to repeat our info 3 times or better. Maintenance was quick to come to our assistance though.

Room Tip: I would not stay clear of any hotels between 2201 S Ocean Blvd and 3000 North Ocean Blvd. Staying n...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
mad hgts
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Great time, cleanrooms, clean pools, friendly staff will return in fall

Room Tip: angle oceanfront rooms have great views
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank richard g
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We visited the hotel last year for the first time at the end of last May, and the kids had a blast! (Ages 6 & 8). We couldn't get them out of the pools, especially the "Lazy River". We adults enjoyed the proximately to the beach and the pool-side bar for cocktails in the evening. Customer service is excellent and we plan to go back again this year. Great place for families!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Kisburn
Harlem, Georgia
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We decided to come to Myrtle Beach for Spring Break. We had never stayed at the Sea Crest so we didn't know what to expect. Everything was very nice. We had 2 queen beds that were very comfortable and a kitchen that had everything we needed. There were 8 pools and that was great, plenty of room. The price was good especially for the room we got. We had a great time and the staff was very nice especially when checking in. If you want to stay in the middle of Myrtle Beach Sea Crest is the place to stay.

Room Tip: The only room we have stayed in was ocean front with a kitchen which was a good deal and it was very...
1 Thank Susanknight11