“Don't stay here”
Review of Long Bay Resort

Long Bay Resort
Ranked #33 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed here Feb 20-27th, kids were throwing french fries and ice cubes from their balconies at the pool, we didn't see any support from long bay resort staff. Our car was sprayed with coke and we had a deep scratch on our car from the coke can. Couldn't get any sleep from the noise of the cars and kids in the parking garage. We had to evacuate our room due to some kid pulling the fire alarm. We met a couple at the pool, they were homeowners, they were doing some house cleaning, they flipped their mattress over, it was covered in blood, the maids flipped the mattress over, instead of fixing the problem, please gross.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
3  Thank ziggyjo
Corey_Shaw, Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

First, let me thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor. I personally read every review and share any concerns with my staff and other management in an effort to continually improve. I sincerely apologize for the poor experiences you had here at Long Bay Resort.

While we do employ fewer staff members during the off-season, we still strive to maintain a peaceful and well-monitored resort. While the fire alarm may have been a false alert, I can assure you that the pull stations were not activated by unsupervised children, but rather moisture collection in one of the sensors. For the safety of our guests, we have to take every alarm seriously until we can confirm the source. Did you contact anyone in regards to the damage to your car or the items being thrown from the balcony? We take all guest concerns very seriously. While it can be difficult to accurately locate the room or persons responsible, this behavior is not tolerated at Long Bay Resort and we do everything in our power to eliminate these issues.

Also, I have confirmed with our Homeowner Services department that no guest or homeowner has reported a damaged mattress. Flipping the mattress is not acceptable business practice, and also not tolerated from housekeeping staff members. Any linens, bedding and upholstery that have been exposed to any pathogens are immediately destroyed. It is possible that the owners of that particular unit are not involved in our rental program, and therefore do not receive housekeeping services from our staff. There are only a few units like this, and we are not permitted access to those units, so there is no way for us to know the condition or quality of the interiors.

Quite honestly, I am shocked to hear about most of these issues. Again, this is not something that is tolerated at Long Bay Resort and I will do everything I can to make sure this never happens again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can help in any way.

Corey S.
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Ok, mid Feburaury is not prime season- so I got a great deal at $44 a night! But comfortable beds, clean rooms micro/fridge, full size coffee make.

The heated pool is awesome with a lazy river and a couple hot tubs. Nice fitness room and sauna. I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Long Bay is the best place we have stayed in myrtle beach,oceanviews,right across from the beach.Condos are very spacious and clean.Indoor pool,good parking.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We spent a 3 day weekend "winter escapes package" here Feb 2012. Indoor pool, lazy river, kid pool, restaurants on site, very spacious and very clean rooms. The kitchen is fully stocked, and there's a washer and dryer in the room. The value of the room in winter was outstanding, however in the peak summer season we wouldn't even consider it. The same 3 day weekend in July would have been over 1000 dollars. So the value is excellent in winter, but terrible in summer. Parking deck is a little tight. Staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 3 bedroom partial view condo. Great for large families and friends. We slept 4 adul...
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My parents rent a unit for 2 months in the winter at Long Bay. They have been staying here every year for the past 15 years and I visit at least once or twice during their two month stay.
The 3 bed/2 bath units are very nice. Clean and well furnished. Location is great. Right on the beach. Ample parking, indoor pool, outdoor pool, lazy river, multiple hot tubs, ping pong table right by indoor pool, shuffle board. Long Bay covers everything you could ask for. Voted number 1 by families in 2009, voted number 1 by golfers. It is great place. You really feel at home and the staff is very friendly. I look forward to my trip each and every year and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

we stayed at Long bay resort Feb.17th-20th 2012 I reserved a side view room that was on special,the praice was very good but the ocean view was a joke all we saw was the hotel next door.The walls are very thin so we could hear everything from both the rooms beside us and above us.Also your room door is connected to the parking deck so all night we heard car doors and people screaming and with small children it was terrible it kept is up all night.The heated pools were very warm but having to walk outside to get to them was terrible it was so cold.Also if you are looking for a hotel near all the action and resturants this is not the hotel for you it is very far away from downtown. Rooms size is pretty good but the bathroom is very tiny.It was alright for what we paid but I wouldnt pay more than 70.00 a night.Personally I want stay here again because I like newer hotels closer to all the resturant and shops.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We just returned from our first visit to Long Bay Resort in Myrtle Beach. We look our granddaughter and she just loved all the indoor pools (my husband and I enjoyed them, too). There were plenty of kids her age to play with, and we could hardly keep her out of the water.

The staff members we met were very pleasant and helpful. There were a couple of minor maintenance issues in our unit which they handled promptly. We had an oceanfront unit on the 9th floor and had a great view of the ocean, with parking in the deck just outside our door. We had requested a room on one of the higher floors that was away from the elevators, and we got just that. Their current special made the price unbeatable.

The only negative thing I have to say is that it was a bit noisy a couple of nights between 10:00 and 11:30 with people walking by the unit talking loudly, slamming doors, noise from units above us, etc. I suggest you take one of the "white noise" machines to help mask this.

Thanks, Long Bay Resort, for making our winter mini-vacation an enjoyable time.